1998 Supercharged CSVT timeslip

PhatSVT

Established Member
this time slip is from a while back. this was in 96 degree weather and was having boost problems. 60' sucks but comes back rather nice.

View

PhatSVT

Established Member
if its hard to make out what it says its

R/T=.654
60'=2.527
330=6.553
1/8=9.819
MPH=75.24
1000=12.151
1/4=14.593
MPH=95.92

yet since i have fixed the boost now making 9psi the mph in the 1/4mile is 101.23. not a better time though since the 60' gets worse with street tires. :sad

Last edited:

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Mark Rowe where you at? 13 my ASS! Just like I, and everyone else predicted here a mid 14. Nice Run PhatSVT, and I would like to say thank you for finally running the S/C CSVT, instead of the .ORG guys saying a GoKart is just a waste of time on the 1/4, at least someone had the balls to do it.

Again thanks PhatSVT!

PhatSVT

Established Member
Jay

i know what you are saying. i was having some boost problems but that doesnt help with the 1/4mile. the thing sure does haul from a roll. it makes me laugh at the track from about 30' out to about 120' i spin the tires. thats cause of the boost. i really would like some slicks. still rolling on stock clutch and stock differential. so i am going to wait to put my Nitto555R's on. but man i give props to those Contours that runs 13's or so they say. that would be impressive. i just have trouble trying to hook up, but when i feather the clutch all it does is bog so its hard to figure this out. i have raced mid 13 second cars from a 20mph roll, and i do beat them. so its all a matter of hooking up and plus i suck at R/T and 60'. thats all 1/4 mile is about too.

Last edited:

Rara

Established Member
Jay,

considering that Marc Painter (svt2000) runs a 14.7 in near stock condition (borla and a K&N) I think a mid-high 13 is entirely possible with a proper launch (phatSVT's 60' time indicate a less than perfect launch, for whatever reason)

I've simply come to the conclusion that you whine waaaaay too much.

phatSVT,

nice run, now go get a good 60' and it'll put you in the high 13's - low 14's easy. In fact, you should start taking your helmet to the track, cuz you will need it when you hit 13.99 :D

PhatSVT

Established Member
yeah Rara i was running a 2.19 with my car stock. but as i said when boost kicks in the tires go up in smoke. i have a good R/T. everyone is laughing cause the car spins 1/4 of the way down the track. what the announcer said when racing a '94 vette. "holy sh!t the red car is catching that vette!" the vette blew my doors off on the 60' and i came from 3 car lengths back to his back bumper at the end. i just bought the Nitto555R a month ago but have not been to the track since. i am thinking about going this Sunday since my car is running better than ever. i am going to try a 2nd gear launch to see if that helps out any.

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Proof is in the pudding Rara. I really dont care what you run with Bolt Ons. So far its all talk with a S/C SVT runs a 13, so far nothing to prove it.

With a CAI I run a 15.1, so whats your point? Do you know how difficult and how much $$ is involved in dropping a 195hp engine a .1 of a second? ALOT!

The Whine, thing..pshh isnt that sort of hypocritical, your the one from Contour.org, the biggest bunch of whine ass bitches on the face of the earth. The Performance Taurus forum, has better comments then some of the forum over there.

PhatSVT

Established Member
whoa whoa. i didnt want to start any flaming. i suck at driving so maybe thats why i wasnt in the 13's. so i dont know. but dont argue guys. this weekend or the next i will have another time slip for everyone. but i understand about Contour.org, i am always there and i got yelled at last week cause i was trying to stop three guys from arguing. i now just leave things at that but i dont want to see this happen here. you guys are some cool mutha ****ers.

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Rara and I go at it all the time, I think by now we both know that its fun till someone gets their eye poked out.

This place just lets me get out all my frustration from when my parents use to beat me..........err Nevermind.:D

Rara

Established Member
yeah, me and jay get into all the time, its never anything personal, and we usually have fun w/ it. (at least I do :D)
I still think jay has this deep seated fear that he bought the wrong car :uh oh: :D

Jay, I agree that the proof is in the pudding, but circumstances has prevented the limited # of people that we know w/ a supercharger on their contour from getting an optimal run. Heck mark rowe's supercharger blew some internal oil seals and killed the jackshaft on the dyno (I was kinda pissed too, there was no way he was gonna dyno less than 300-310 at the wheels, maybe as high as 330)
Anywho, because of this, we must speculate on optimal #'s until someone steps up to the plate. Props to phatSVT for working at it, though!!!

phat,
yeah, I hear ya about how much harder it is to launch, I have beaten on Mark Rowe's S/C'ed SVT a few times. But I know you can pull a 2.1-2.2 60' time out of it w/ more practice (especially w/ those Nitto's now!) Good luck man!

oh, Jay, one more thing. I know you're a cobra guy at heart, so I'll give you a heads up - start saving now.

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Ive said it before and ill say it again. You know this GoKart was a mistake on my behalf, of selling my SHO. When I went for my Crisp Clean Black 98 Cobra, I should have had checked insurance, but the SVT Contour was the next best thing for me, being my insurance at the time was so high. Speak of the devil today, my insurance sent me a letter telling me my Premium dropped. So im happy, sometime after christmas, the Gokart is going in for Trade-in. Im really really looking in a 96-99 M3 BMW. I rather pay the money for a good quality Automobile. Just to many problems with the Fords. All in all if I would have caught myself before I sold my SHO, the SHO would have never been sold...and I would still be happily driving around in my cherry red beauty till today, when that insurance finally dropped!

No, its never been persoanl, I never lose sleep over CEG guys.:D If Ive gotten to you, then ive served my purpose, but Rara is a real life Superman. :-?

Rara

Established Member
"Real life Superman" ???
Not really sure how/what you mean by that, I'm assuming it is some sort of dig/joke, but alas, my simple mind does not comprehend :D

I will agree that there are a lot of asses on CEG, but there are soooo many more people there, that you are gonna get some punks along the way. But that also means we end up getting a lot more of the good folks too. Terry Haines is a good example, Chris Hightower, I know there is at least one engineer from SVE that spends a great deal of time there, and many many others. Besides sometimes its fun to bust the chops of the dumb asses who think they know everything.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
we need some terry haines' here. :)

i know there are ford people runnin around here. when they registered, they used their @ford.com names :D

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Rara,

I wish those guys would come over too, and more regular joe CEGers. Most of those guys just bad mouth this site. Why? Becuase there is only a few 'outcasts' (by choice I think, myself, J, Matt, and Steve) that this is our main hang out. If you could put the word out and get more traffic over here!!! I hate only seeing a few GoCarts on this side. I love this site due to the fact of the no holds barred, and the CEG, tho good site, seems to lock threads if someone doesn't agree with another, and opinions are really true I think. But then again that is my opinion. BTW Rara, if you have aol, pm me some time..I'd like to chat with you.

Sam,

BTW what's with the 13 second club thing? Did you hit it yet???

PhatSVT

Established Member
i actually have not hit it yet and was just getting excited for this coming weekend cause i have the Nitto 555R's now and have the motor strapped down good. i was ready to do so, but this weekend i was street racen and blew the tranny. there is no third gear. i am going to do some more modding now and hope to next spring unless i get it fixed this month.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
That was just a time bomb waiting to happen, eh? Getting the Quaife??

Originally posted by PhatSVT
i actually have not hit it yet and was just getting excited for this coming weekend cause i have the Nitto 555R's now and have the motor strapped down good. i was ready to do so, but this weekend i was street racen and blew the tranny. there is no third gear. i am going to do some more modding now and hope to next spring unless i get it fixed this month.

Rara

Established Member
phat,

seriously, give Terry Haines a call if you are going to have to replace the trans (also, Torsen's LSD was just released by FRPP, it has a better torque bias than the quife, though now w/ the quife price drop, the torsen is a couple of bucks more)

RT,
is your name here the same as your AIM name? mine on AIM is RaraSVT. I keep it on most of the time, like when I am pretending to work :D drop me a line.

btw, not all of us use our @ford.com addy ;)

Users who are viewing this thread