1999 cobra ac line, condenser to compressor

wkornf

Established Member
This is the line removed from the car, I need some help locating a replacement. I couldn't locate any part numbers on the oem hose.

20180715_114824.jpg
This is what Rock auto/LMR/ everyone has out there, no way these guys work.
55836__ra_p.jpg Motorcraft+Air+Conditioning+Discharge+Line+2003-2004+Mustang+Mach+1+Cobra_L.jpg

I think it could come down to the the AC compressor manifold , this is what the internet says it should look like, mine doesnt have that that extra 90 degree bend in it. Maybe if i get a new manifold the aftermarket hoses will work? Anyone experience this before?

lrs-19972e_df04d2de.jpg

Any Help? Thanks!

shurur

Established Member
The 99 AC lines were discontinued...and I think that the 96-98 are discontinued as well.

I have a complete set of 2001 that I haven't installed yet...so I don't know the fit yet. Sorry that I wasn't the trail blazer for you..

I have an thread that I started on corral that lists the various hose part numbers...ill look for it.

From what I remember you will need that manifold that you show as well as the hose, because the manifold angle changed for '99 to '00.

Also the bracket on the 99 was removed and replaced with that welded-on tab that you see on the 2001 part. It probably attaches to a block bolt. Your best bet for that is to look at a 2001 to get a look at how that new hose is routed. I think it will work.

Sorry I can't be more help.

found it:
https://forums.corral.net/forums/sv...ac-manifold-hose-switch-over-2000-2004-a.html

1999 mustang cobra.

It seems that the 1999 AC compressor manifold and ac hoses are one of a kind AND pre-1999 AC parts have been discontinued.

The 2000-2004 parts are consistent.

This is what I have so far:
2000-2004 Mustangs have a completely new set of part numbers

format: oem #--> UAC aftermarket #

1. AC suction (accum to comp) YF2635-->HA10382C
2. Liquid (condenser to evap) YF2847-->HA11178C
3. AC discharge (compressor to condenser) YF2952-->No replacement (EDIT: 3/29/17)
4. Compressor manifold YF2634-->56071

The condenser and evaporator looks to be the same for V8 mustangs from 1997-2004.

Are there any AC guys out there who can confirm this before I go buying new parts??

Boring stuff..I know..

Thanks all.

Last edited:

wkornf

Established Member
thanks a bunch, seems the 1999 cobra strikes again with one off parts!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

wkornf

Established Member
thanks for following up. I used newer GT parts too. however I still needed to bend the manifold pretty good to get everything lined up. Guess you had more success.

either way my AC works! thanks for all the effort.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

shurur

Established Member
Help!! What did everyone end up doing? Or where did you order the correct part from? Below is the line I need.
View attachment 1651176
All ac parts appear to be discontinued for pre-2000.

In 2000, ac system lines were redesigned.

If you want that one part without getting a full set as listed above, I would try to find one on ebay..

Otherwise just get the complete hose set that I listed, including the ac compressor manifold.

You can get new compressor and dryer/accumulator/catch-can from www.discountacparts.com

Luckily the condensor and evaporator parts are the same from 1996-2004...maybe not including the terminator...dunno.

Last edited:

wkornf

Established Member
holy shit. that looks like the right part!

I have Long since bent all my parts to fit. dang. nice work

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Rliloner1

Thank you for all the info guys!! I would really hate to change out so much crap just cause of a hose. Then some of those sites either can't be trusted or have a picture of the right part but send you the "updated" part that don't fit.

shurur

Established Member
Thank you for all the info guys!! I would really hate to change out so much crap just cause of a hose. Then some of those sites either can't be trusted or have a picture of the right part but send you the "updated" part that don't fit.
Glad someone found that part for you!!

My compressor crapped out; so I replaced everything. If you ever have to do that, just upgrade to the 2000+ hoses.

Users who are viewing this thread