1999 cobra vert fs in tn

fortybrandon

Established Member
Selling my 99 cobra convertible. Car was electric green with tan top. I had car painted yellow and had a black top installed. Car when I bought had a rebuilt title and odometer read 108xxx. Quickly after I bought it I knew the speedo was wrong and trans was grinding. I had to replace the trans to another t 45 by my local dealer. The cause of the speedo reading 60mph while only doing actually 45 was someone added 4.3 gears. I added a cai and sct tuner that fixed the issue at 110xxx. I do not know how long those gears were installed but the mileage is actually lower than what odometer reads. Car has full exhaust and a good set of headlights I put in because you could not see out the other ones. The guy said he ran into a ditch and it tore the driver fender and front bumper off all together. No frame damage and engine is the same as it left the factory. I have over 10k in this car and I need tipsy off student loans and braces. I will get pics tomorrow. I have refueled from everything I ordered from am muscle and when I bought the car and for the trans replacement. Pm if interested I'm in tn. Car odometer reads 115xxx now. I'm asking 7k

fortybrandon

Established Member
http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums...80uBRUhdnKuw60_3_zps2da58209.jpg?t=1368938181

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums...S5j5BRUh5gzQ60_3_zpsb987d5c0.jpg?t=1368938196

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums...CUBRUhbEW2Hw60_3_zps453357ba.jpg?t=1368938214

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums...bUBRUhbBYDNQ60_3_zps57a1dc2d.jpg?t=1368938231

Here are pics. Can I get some input good or bad idk. I bought the car for 8500 in 2011 with the rebuilt title and put a t45 in it. I am trying not to lose too much money and I think if I don't sell it I might mod it more and keep it. Please input!!

fortybrandon

Established Member
Ok thanks. By that time I will have a new clutch installed :) there's nothing wrong with it I jus want to save up for an azure blue mach 1

fortybrandon

Established Member
Does the car have the IRS rearend or is it a SRA? Just wanted to know. Thanks for answering so quickly before.

Sorry having been on. It's IRS.i could prob let it go for 6500 I'm getting offers for 6 which is 1000 less than I would like but either way ill lose more money than I have in it. :/

fortybrandon

Established Member
Hey I got two trade offers can anyone point me in good direction? One is a 2008 silver v6 auto rebuilt title that was hit in rear with 60xxx on it and he wants my car and for me to give him 1500. Next is a built 1993 Lx gt hatchback five speed with loads and loads of add one. Clean title with 106xxx he says people offer to buy it all the time for around 7500 but he said he wants a yellow new edge cobra. What do y'all think?

fortybrandon

Established Member
are all the jams and under the hood yellow as well or are they still green??

They are yellow but under the wheel well the paint is coming off and you can see a little green but for someone to notice green they would have to actually get under the car to do that. The yellow is fading a little under the hood but you cant really see.

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u576/fortybrandon/null_zpsb61eac2e.jpg

null_zps2bfa5a2a.jpg Photo by fortybrandon | Photobucket

lemme know if links are broken. Don't know which one to choose from in the right side of photobucket.

99Cobra_vert

Established Member
Don't you dare trade this car for a V6 or a Fox Mustang. Those guys are out of their mind, especially the one that wants you to add cash on top.

The paintjob is killing the value of yours. I'm kicking around the idea of coming to look at yours, but the paint scares me.

fortybrandon

Established Member
Don't you dare trade this car for a V6 or a Fox Mustang. Those guys are out of their mind, especially the one that wants you to add cash on top.

The paintjob is killing the value of yours. I'm kicking around the idea of coming to look at yours, but the paint scares me.

Is it the color or because its not original? Or is it that there may be green showing or all of the above?

chuddleston2003

Established Member
Yeah I would not trade anything for it that is a sweet ride, if I had my last 2 cards paid off I would be down to buy it. This is exactly what I am looking for.

Last edited:

99Cobra_vert

Established Member
Is it the color or because its not original? Or is it that there may be green showing or all of the above?

Honestly, it's all of the above. I'm not a fan of yellow, but I hate the fact that the original paint (green, which I dislike even more) has been painted over on a Cobra. I know everyone has their own opinion, and in reality, it is just a car.

Personally, I don't mind the rebuilt title, but I'm sure others do. That is also hurting your value. Where in TN are you?

fortybrandon

Established Member
Thanks, I am an hour away from Nashville close to Columbia tn. I have found an old thread on here about a mustang on mine. How can I tell if my car has a sra instead of irs? I know it sounds stupid but do they look different, drive different? thanks

99Cobra_vert

Established Member
How can I tell if my car has a sra instead of irs? I know it sounds stupid but do they look different, drive different? thanks

They look a lot different. A straight axle is just that--a stick with a wheel on either end. The IRS is a marvel of technology with what looks like 2000 parts between the wheels. If you can take a pic, we can quickly tell you what you have.

Jake

fortybrandon

Established Member
I got a woman in sc who wants to buy the car. I sent all the pics and told her about the rebuilt title. She's seven hours away and wants to meet halfway. This Saturday she wants to meet she said she couldn't pick the car up but shed bring 7k in cash and ill give keys and title. It sounds fishy to me. At first she wanted to come look at it but I told her it was seven hours away. But hey if I get 7k that day ill sign over title and give keys and make her sign as is paper and I'm set! What do you all think? Is it fishy or what?

Users who are viewing this thread