1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 996 C2 For Sale

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
Hi Everyone.. After much thought i've decided to sell my 1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 996... Before anyone asks, the only reason I'm selling it is due to an unsure job future.. I need to go into debt elimination mode at the moment and prepare for the worst so my toy must go... Below is a general overview of the car.. I've only been caught in the rain one time since i've owned it and I only drive it on nice days and/or the weekend... car has been garaged as well since i've owned it... I'm sure i'll leave some things out but if you are seriously interested and have any questions whatsoever please PM me or send me an email to [COLOR="Red"][email protected][/COLOR]. I can also provide you with my cell phone# if you'd like to chat about the car. I do have a partial lien on the car so that will have to be paid off before I will have the title in hand but details on that can be worked out later if a deal is made... I've priced the car very fairly compared to others on the market I think.. I've taken into consideration the few minor needs and such... I am a motivated seller and i'm open to reasonable fair offers but no low balling please... If you're looking for a PERFECT 911 then prepare to spend upwards of $30K or more... If, however, you're looking for a nice affordable 911 please seriously consider mine.. Please note too that I will not hold the car without any sort of deposit so if you're a tire kicker than please look elsewhere... As far as forms of payment, i'd prefer cash or bank wire transfer only... unfortunately someone tried to scam me with a fake bank check on the previous Porsche I sold it so I cannot take any chances with this one... that's a very scary thing to deal with and it's unfortunate how many crooks we have these days trying to rip people off... Lastly, i'd prefer the car be picked up by the buyer but i'm willing to cooperate in any way I can in assisting if someone chooses to arrange to have it shipped... asking price is $23K

Thanks !

Options and General Info:

- 1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 996 C2 Model (296hp stock)
- Just under 82k on the odometer
- Guards red color exterior with rare factory aero kit.. Full tan leather interior.
- Fully loaded with power everything.. sunroof, windows (light factory tint), and seats.. cruise control, p/s, p/b, in dash factory cassette deck and 6 disc cd changer located in the trunk.
- Front and side air bags
- 6 speed transmission
- Headlight tint
- Black aftermarket wheels

Mechanically:

The car runs excellent.. I've owned it since May 2008 and i've not had any issues with it at all.. It's simply a blast to drive and a real attention getter.. it handles like no other car i've ever owned.. has a clean carfax and the dealer I purchased it from checked over the car thoroughly and changed all fluids before offering for sale.. dealer did not have any previous service records on the car to give me but I've had it looked over by others who are familiar with these cars and they found no issues with it.. with that being said, anyone seriously interested is welcome to get a PPI done if they so desire.

Exterior:

Cosmetically the car looks nice.. most people think it's a much newer year than it is and find it hard to believe it's a 1999 model.. it does have a few minor eye sores but nothing major... Paint is overall in pretty nice condition.. there is a very feint sign of fade on the front and rear bumper.. when the car is clean and waxed it's not something most people would even notice.. you really have to be staring hard at it to notice but as an honest seller I wanted to mention it.. the front bumper has a few minor rock chips, the top of the car (passenger side) has a couple small paint blemishes... not sure exactly what they are caused from (appears to be maybe just clearcoat blemish) but you have to look at them to really notice.. rear spoiler has a small spot on it underneath and not really too noticeable unless you're looking for it... side skirts towards the back have a little opening gap that could be slightly re-adhesed if it bothered someone.. It's never bothered me so I've not done anything to it.. this car had the things i'm mentioning when I purchased it and it did not detour me at all from buying it... these things are what I would consider minor imperfections that could be pretty easily fixed at any time down the road if they really bothered you.. I have not had anybody however point a single one of them out to me though... of course as a car enthusiast, these are just things we all come to notice on our cars when we wash and detail them, etc.. I think anyone who owns a nice car always keeps a mental note of the little imperfections about their car that are not apparent to the naked eye of someone else... At any rate, I've tried to capture on pictures a couple of these minor imperfections but the slight paint spot on the passenger side roof I mentioned above really wouldn't show up on the camera.

Interior:

I consider the interior to be very clean and nice for being 9yrs old.. Seats have average wear I think.. driver's side just has a few small cracks/wear on the outside left side (I think most cars have this sort of wear in the same spot).. driver's side floor mat has a little wear but mats can be replaced fairly inexpensively if it's that big of a deal.. no dash cracks that I can recall... steering wheel and shifter have just a small tad of black smudge caused by hand wear but nothing major.. it's just one of those things you have to clean with regularity when you have a car with light interior.. other than that it looks nice as you can see in the pictures.

Eventual Needs:

The only 2 things that come to mind since i've owned it that it will need eventually is new front brake pads and 4 new tires.. the tires on it now are ok but if you plan to drive it a lot then I would recommend picking up a good set as it will be due for them.. when I got the new wheels on the car the mechanic indicated the front brake pads had about 30-40% tread left (approx 1000 miles ago)... this will be something needed eventually.. I've found good brake pads and tires both on ebay for very reasonable prices that won't break your wallet ! Other than that, it just needs a new owner to turn the key and enjoy it as much as I have !

**Thanks for reading my ad and don't hestitate to contact me if you are seriously interested and have questions.. If you'd like to check out my credentials, I have over 800+ transactions as a 10yr ebay seller.. my handle is HOTROD2006 and my feedback rating is 99.6% overall satisfaction.. I'm also a member of RENNLIST.COM which is the most well known reputable Porsche forum on the interent.. I purchased my first Porsche from a fellow member which was a 1987 Turbo 944... I also ended up selling it to another member !

Thanks again for looking !

Venomm

Established Member
l_9a7f145cb80291d8bb64534c2fde63a7.jpg

CLEAN RIDE i just sold my 996 for $31,000 this is a STEAL!!!

Venomm

Established Member
ill def put the word out on a few other forums, +1 for clean ride, i was sad when mine went but like you sad this current state of economy is forcing me to sell a 436 stroker vette with over 85k invested for only $32k... but having drivin' a car just like this it is true nothing compares!! from a fellow (Porsche/Corvette/Mustang/Viper) guy haha this car should sell FAST!!

Good Luck!

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
ill def put the word out on a few other forums, +1 for clean ride, i was sad when mine went but like you sad this current state of economy is forcing me to sell a 436 stroker vette with over 85k invested for only $32k... but having drivin' a car just like this it is true nothing compares!! from a fellow (Porsche/Corvette/Mustang/Viper) guy haha this car should sell FAST!!

Good Luck!

Thanks bro.. I appreciate the kind words and assist ! and funny enough, I had a guy locally come to view the car yesterday and he spent about 2hrs looking and talking with me about it.. we then took it for a drive... when we got back he handed me a deposit and is meeting up with me asap to give me the balance... I think this might've been the fastest car i've ever sold... I thought it might go fast since it was a good deal but with the economy being the way it is I didn't expect it to sell within a day of posting it ! :rockon:

Venomm

Established Member
yeah im not surprised mine sold in only a few days but mine was 100% flawless low miles... mine sold for $31k so someone is gettin a HECK OF A GREAT DEAL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread