19th Annual Ford vs Buick shootout Oct. 11th, 2014

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Just wanted to remind my fellow SVTP peeps about the 19th Annual Ford vs Buick event being held Saturday, Oct. 11th, 2014 at Thunder Valley Raceway Park (TVRP) in Noble, OK. It is basically about 8 miles South of the OU campus. Gates open at 8AM. This is the longest running and largest Mustang vs GN (Buick) race in the country. It is a TEAM style race. Basically, if 120 Fords show, and 97 Buicks show, it comes down to a 97 heads up final. Everyone gets to grudge and qualify all day long... But in the end, it's a heads up pro-tree shoutout. I encourage all SVTP members to show and support Team Ford. Guaranteed $1000 payout for the winning team's winner. Payouts for the top 10 on both sides.

Last edited:

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Thanks for the support 363, your car should pull wheelies with the new auto!!
View attachment 19th_Annual_Ford_vs_Buick.pdf
Konstant_Design_proof.jpg

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Coming up from Texas for this! Was a great turnout last year should be even better this year!

Steve_S

Established Member
I cannot attend this event but I sure would like to purchase one of those t-shirts! Any way I can buy a xxl one through the mail? Could a person who is going pick me up one and send it? Thanks!

Last edited:

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
I cannot attend this event but I sure would like to purchase one of those t-shirts! Any way I can buy a xxl one through the mail? Could a person who is going pick me up one and send it? Thanks!

I would be more than happy to get a shirt mailed to you. We have short sleeve, long sleeve, and also hoodies. Shoot me a private message and I can get your info. Also, if anyone knows how to post the PDF file of the event flyer 4 posts above, I would appreciate it.

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
We will have a mobile dyno at this years event! I have received a few questions about payouts. The $1000 winner and the $500 R/U are only guaranteed, and if attendance is as expected, I expect these to go up! Also got word that a Pro-Mod Gran National from the West coast will be stopping in... Oh boy, Ford may need some help from the Hellion crew and Mike Murillo !!! Hope all of you Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Texas and New Mexico peeps can show up and support Team Ford!!

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
They have more than that coming. :) I think they are out for revenge this year!! But yes, this is a TEAM event. Usually the team thickest in the 10-11 second car range usually takes the win. But it sure was nice seeing a pissed off V-6 pumping 60 lbs of boost down it's throat... on the bumper, trying to beat Mike Murillo that one year!!! lol .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread