1st Bn 5th Mar Deployment Video

Eaglei532

Still kinda boot at this
Established Member
Hey guys I don't know if ya'll would want to see this but I'm gonna put it up. This is the official video from my last tour in Sangin, Afghanistan. We lost 18 Marines, and over 150 lost limbs. We had a rough go. The video is like 17 minutes long, all in HD. It starts slow and gets really good. enjoy. post any comments you have. PS I'm an infantry guy, I think other grunts are really gonna like this..

Make Peace or Die, Official 1st Battalion 5th Mari - YouTube

computer_nerd

Established Member
thanks for sharing. that vid was awesome. ive been all over that god forsaken country. I spent alot of time in RC-SW with marines in the Helmand. I wasnt then or ever a marine but I had nothing but respect for them. those guys had it pretty rough over there. thank you for your service!

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
That brings back memories. I was with 1st Bn, 5th Mar Div from 2001 to 2005. In B co. Thanks for that.

Eaglei532

Still kinda boot at this
Established Member
thanks for sharing. that vid was awesome. ive been all over that god forsaken country. I spent alot of time in RC-SW with marines in the Helmand. I wasnt then or ever a marine but I had nothing but respect for them. those guys had it pretty rough over there. thank you for your service!

Thanks very much. Lost a lot of good buddies on this tour, I kinda feel like this video does them justice. I found this forum a few days ago and figured other servicemen would appreciate it.

That brings back memories. I was with 1st Bn, 5th Mar Div from 2001 to 2005. In B co. Thanks for that.

Same old stomping grounds, glad I could share this with you. Bravo had a rough time out there, a good portion of the KIA were from B co. good guys. Thanks for watching, combat camera put together a great video for us

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
Old 5th seems to be taking the worst beating, 3/5 in Sangin was terrible.

Buddy just got back from Sanging, 1/6 out of Camp Lejeune. He said he got shot at maybe three times and a few IED strikes. Totally different world.

I'm about to head out with BLT 1/2 on a cruise to the Med, what joy.

Eaglei532

Still kinda boot at this
Established Member
Old 5th seems to be taking the worst beating, 3/5 in Sangin was terrible.

Buddy just got back from Sanging, 1/6 out of Camp Lejeune. He said he got shot at maybe three times and a few IED strikes. Totally different world.

I'm about to head out with BLT 1/2 on a cruise to the Med, what joy.

Yeah the fighting 5th def got it something fierce the past year or so. 3/5 had some crazy number of IED strikes, at no fault to them really. We had 1250 IED interactions, either strikes or finds. By the time we got there the enemy had moved to direct fire. The BC said in an interview that "His boys we're in a running gun battle in the middle of a mine field for 6 months straight". I have no idea how I made it out, its creepy to think about it.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Thank you for sharing. Absolutely one of the best I have seen. Very moving. This 0331 appreciates your service and those that made the ultimate sacrifice.

Eaglei532

Still kinda boot at this
Established Member
Thank you for sharing. Absolutely one of the best I have seen. Very moving. This 0331 appreciates your service and those that made the ultimate sacrifice.

Thanks man I know my guys would be glad ya'll saw it, Hey another WPNS guy too, I'm a 51 myself. I just couldn't say no in SOI when they told me i could blow stuff up...:rockon:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your losses. I'm sure they were all great Marines. My brother in law was in the 1/5 a few years back.

Eaglei532

Still kinda boot at this
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your losses. I'm sure they were all great Marines. My brother in law was in the 1/5 a few years back.

Thanks man, you know what, i think i might just stay in this forum for a while. I'm gonna be honest, I haven't felt normal for a while. I joined SVTP right after i got back, and i def made some comments that I wasn't proud of, you can read then in my CP. It feels nice to be in a place where every comment I get is just nice. I don't need to get positive things for every thing i post, but the fact that I can hear the understanding in the text you all write is very nice. Thanks guys.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Damn man. Cant even imagine losing that many. Thanks for putting your life on the line. As a soon to be INF lt in may, that video was very eye opening of the problems Ill soon have to face. Thanks for posting it.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I've got a piece of crap heading to 1/5 in June. He's not even close to your guys's standards and he just picked up Cpl yesterday so keep an eye out for an incoming Cpl Melton.

We just had 3 Cpls get back from ISLC and they said your guys from 1/5 that were there were beasts!

Eaglei532

Still kinda boot at this
Established Member
I've got a piece of crap heading to 1/5 in June. He's not even close to your guys's standards and he just picked up Cpl yesterday so keep an eye out for an incoming Cpl Melton.

We just had 3 Cpls get back from ISLC and they said your guys from 1/5 that were there were beasts!

Nice good to hear we aren't showing our asses, what this dirtbags MOS, is he an 11 or is he wpns? Im a wins guy so if he comes here i'll let his guys know.

Eaglei532

Still kinda boot at this
Established Member
Damn man. Cant even imagine losing that many. Thanks for putting your life on the line. As a soon to be INF lt in may, that video was very eye opening of the problems Ill soon have to face. Thanks for posting it.

Nice, are you at the academy or in Quantico? Hopefully you'll never have to go with the withdrawal coming so soon. Good luck!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Nice good to hear we aren't showing our asses, what this dirtbags MOS, is he an 11 or is he wpns? Im a wins guy so if he comes here i'll let his guys know.

He's an 11 but he's got a CQB and DM qual. He came over to our platoon a couple months ago because of those quals but we absolutely didn't want him because of his attitude and it immediately showed. He thinks because he's been in a couple years and he's a Cpl now that he rates shit. Took him on a gear run when he first got to us and he fell out and broke down in the first 100yds, it was a joke.

Apparently some of your guys that were at ISLC were aware he was coming and our guys filled them in on him, but they weren't there to witness his bs, I was! Lol

I won't derail your thread anymore. I just wanted to make you guys aware of this guy so he can get set straight and you guys can have a little fun in the process! :-D

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I was in 2/5 '06-'10, 1/5, 3/5 and hell even 2/4 is getting all the action. Glad you made it home to post op.
I should've volunteered to go to 1/5 when they went to AFG back in '09, but decided to stay in Camp Pen till EAS. Still regret not going to the gan thats for sure.

Fighting 5th baby!

Users who are viewing this thread