1st dyno on '03 Cobra

shub

Weirdo
Established Member
Finally got out to the dyno and here's the results:
mark1_sm.jpg

My mods are a K&N CAI and Magnaflows. The difference between the two, is stock tune (blue) vs. predator standard performance tune (red).

I went in hoping to only hit 380/390 or so on stock, and gain 10-15 off the tune, so I'm actually impressed by the stock numbers.

What scares me is the A/F for the stock tune.... It is waaayyy too lean for my tastes. The predator fixed that right up, but I only gained about 6HP.

Everything I've heard on this board suggests that '03/04 Cobras run very rich for safety. Has anyone seen a stocker run that lean, with or without a CAI?

All and all, I'm kinda disappointed in the HP gains of the standard predator tune, but it's definitely a worthwhile investment for tuning.

blackice

Resident F*#@head
Established Member
Tune

You will get alot more hp out of a cutom tune try a rwtd custom tune or a one of your local performance dealers can make you a tune.

shub

Weirdo
Established Member
There's some shops around here that have custom tunes, and I got some guys # that supposedly is one of the best predator tuners in the area. Unfortunately, it's very hard to find 93 octane around Denver, so I have to play it safe and do all my testing at the dyno shop.

After I pulley up, if I end up having to pay for a custom tune locally, I'll probably give RWTD my $100 and have them set me up.

Chucko

Palindrome
Established Member
I have the same mods as you and my initial dyno pulls with the 93 octane Predator Performance Tune were lean like yours are (I'm at sea level tho). I ended up adding 15% fuel (rich) from 2-4K RPM and 5% from 4-7K RPM with the Predator to get the AF to about 11.8 or so.

I'll bet that if you went back to the dyno and added fuel like I've described it would make your AF pretty darn close to optimal.

Users who are viewing this thread