1st Ever Cobra!

Poco

Established Member
I've restored several cars through the years and always had a plan. It has been my passion. I can't do any more restos because of my health, bad knees and my ticker is weak. But I've enjoyed the challenge of all the projects I took on. Some of my efforts...I had a strange affection for 67 and 68' AMC Rebels.
I thank and appreciate my wife for letting me play with cars. Don't leave her out of the process.

Attachments

• 66 ImpalaSS.jpg
    66 ImpalaSS.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 64 SS Impala.jpg
    64 SS Impala.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 67 Coronet R T.jpg
    67 Coronet R T.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 102
  • 67rebel 2.jpg
    67rebel 2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 68 Camero.jpg
    68 Camero.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 69 javelin sst.jpg
    69 javelin sst.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 1968 rebel sst.jpg
    1968 rebel sst.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 95
  • HPIM0109.JPG
    HPIM0109.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 83

JB85

Established Member
I've restored several cars through the years and always had a plan. It has been my passion. I can't do any more restos because of my health, bad knees and my ticker is weak. But I've enjoyed the challenge of all the projects I took on. Some of my efforts...I had a strange affection for 67 and 68' AMC Rebels.
I thank and appreciate my wife for letting me play with cars. Don't leave her out of the process.

those cars are awesome! I wish I had more time to restore a bunch of cars, but between my fishing hobby, which is my true passion, I will only have time for the Cobra for my son. I am planning on buying some land in Alaska next summer, as we used to live up there, and I want to make a fish camp for my son and I every summer to go to. Eventually move back up there one day.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Interior swaps are easy on these cars. Everything comes right out and you can swap the dash pads so you can keep the dash the car came with so no wiring to worry about. Aftermarket carpet is meh but you can still get some shades of carpet NOS or find a good used one and clean the shit out of it. Basic suspension on these things is easy too and easy to work on. These cars are so simple, one thing that's great about them. The modulars, especially the 4v, are shoehorned into the engine bay but that's really the only pain in the ass thing to deal with. 94/95 cars you have a ton of room... and I forget if I mentioned it earlier but www.car-part.com and look for a low mileage replacement engine. 97/98 Mark VIII, 03-05 Aviator or another Cobra.

JB85

Established Member
Updating my old first post . Car has been sitting since I bought it, and I am getting a big itch to start tinkering on it. So I Was browsing offer up last week and found a running 97 cobra motor for $900. Messaged the guy thinking by the time I saw it that it would already be snagged up and it wasn’t! So I picked up the motor today and hopefully in the next few weeks I can swap out the blown motor in my car for this one and get some enjoyment out of it before I completely overhaul it.
Anyone know how hard it is to swap these motors? I have only worked on classics before, and this is my first venture into any of the modern day mustangs.

Attachments

• 1BA39ACC-FF04-4EE9-A5B5-A5A450EFC266.jpeg
    1BA39ACC-FF04-4EE9-A5B5-A5A450EFC266.jpeg
    708.7 KB · Views: 54

shurur

Established Member
congrats!

And as a substitute teacher/teacher, thank you for raising a kid who will understand that there is no work around for hard work and that being a student and learning new things is his first job. Also that doing things he doesn't want to do is sometimes necessary.

BTW: hang on to that original Teksid block and those cams.

Last edited:

JB85

Established Member
congrats!

And as a substitute teacher/teacher, thank you for raising a kid who will understand that there is no work around for hard work and that being a student and learning new things is his first job. Also that doing things he doesn't want to do is sometimes necessary.

BTW: hang on to that original Teksid block and those cams.
Thank you for the kind words, and yes! I will hold on to the original block. It’s going to be rebuilt at a friends engine shop. Then I’ll take this spare block and find another use for it. Maybe throw it in my 69 cougar? Or perhaps another restoration project? Possibilities are endless.

Users who are viewing this thread