1st Gear Bog at around 5000rpm

Lprimo

PhotoChop Cookie Masta
Established Member
Has anyone experienced a bog at 5000 to 5500rpm with 2.8 upper, idler and a Peadator "pulley tune"...it just started doing it, so I changed my spark plugs to NGk TR6, my belt to a gator back, and my fuel filter...and just re-flashed my tune....somebody help a brotha out...holla back

Lprimo

PhotoChop Cookie Masta
Established Member
Ok man...i adjusted the fuel and the timing separatly ran it each time after adjustment...no change....kinda feels like its a injector problem...this is f'd up...i even flashed the performance tune once, and the pulley tune...same results. it kinda bogged harder with the fuel adjusted. its back to zero...i don't know what else to try...maybe new injectors...?

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
DId you have the car dyno'd? I have seen a few people with the predator tunes having issues where the line falls off @ 5-5k rpm's. Im not too sure as to why though. Someone else should chime in though.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Sounds as though one of the fuel pumps is failing and you're running out of fuel on top.

Dana

Lprimo

PhotoChop Cookie Masta
Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
Sounds as though one of the fuel pumps is failing and you're running out of fuel on top.

Dana

Thats what it feels like...also could be fuel rail pressure sensor damn crappy ass sensor...i wonder if the Focus pumps would cure my problem

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread