1st kill this evening....poor cobra

Monster14

Beer Me
Established Member
What are the odds, my first race on the 14 and its against my dream car..03-04 Cobra:bowdown: So I am on my way to the gym and see a car whipping through traffic ahead, I speed up some to see what it is and in the back of my mind hope he turns left at the light up ahead...nice wide straight road. Sure enough we both catch the light and he is turning. Great! gives me time to drool, so if he goes I am going just to have some fun, sure enough he turns and shits and gets. I was impressed, a 600 might have had a run for his money. So I shift to 2nd and leave him in the sun set. Guess he was just having fun, or just wanting to see what he could do against a bike or thought I was on a 600 and he would win:lol1:
Anyways, its nothing to brag about, but it was alot of fun, I have not raced anyone in over a year. :beer:

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
If you end up getting one you will find that your bike will spend alot more time in the garage, at least thats what happened to my poor R1

Monster14

Beer Me
Established Member
no doubt, i really wanted a Cobra more than a new bike but was so upside down on my 05 gixxer 1k that I could not pass on the trade in deal, oh well pay it off in a few years and there will be a Cobra with my name on it....if I don't drive the wife crazy first :poke:

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Nice :) but dont get too ahead of yourself, beating something that weighs 3,000lbs more than you.

fastbacon

Banned
What are the odds, my first race on the 14 and its against my dream car..03-04 Cobra:bowdown: So I am on my way to the gym and see a car whipping through traffic ahead, I speed up some to see what it is and in the back of my mind hope he turns left at the light up ahead...nice wide straight road. Sure enough we both catch the light and he is turning. Great! gives me time to drool, so if he goes I am going just to have some fun, sure enough he turns and shits and gets. I was impressed, a 600 might have had a run for his money. So I shift to 2nd and leave him in the sun set. Guess he was just having fun, or just wanting to see what he could do against a bike or thought I was on a 600 and he would win:lol1:
Anyways, its nothing to brag about, but it was alot of fun, I have not raced anyone in over a year. :beer:

how could anyone confuse your bike with a 600??? zx14 and busa definately stand out

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Nice :) but dont get too ahead of yourself, beating something that weighs 3,000lbs more than you.

Beating a car on a bike is not exciting and I think he understands that, especially with a 14. Its when the car keeps up or even beats you that makes it fun for me. My bike would spank my cobra, but id rather be in the cobra:shrug:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I would love to run into a zx14. I had a run in with a busa last night on the way home from the track. I'm pretty sure he was completely stock. We ran from around 60 to about 140. From the hit I jumped him about 2 lengths and I believe it stayed that way until I let out and then he came around. I say I believe, because I couldn't see him. He seemed pretty cool and gave us the thumbs up afterward. Before anyone starts calling bs, my car traps 144 in street trim with the KB. That was my first run in with liter bike, so I was pretty stoked. So get you a cobra, mod the hell out of it and have two bad ass rides.

2k3gt

Established Member
I would love to run into a zx14. I had a run in with a busa last night on the way home from the track. I'm pretty sure he was completely stock. We ran from around 60 to about 140. From the hit I jumped him about 2 lengths and I believe it stayed that way until I let out and then he came around. I say I believe, because I couldn't see him. He seemed pretty cool and gave us the thumbs up afterward. Before anyone starts calling bs, my car traps 144 in street trim with the KB. That was my first run in with liter bike, so I was pretty stoked. So get you a cobra, mod the hell out of it and have two bad ass rides.

Damn, 10.3 is pretty damn quick for only 500hp, isn't it? :shrug:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Damn, 10.3 is pretty damn quick for only 500hp, isn't it? :shrug:
Not really, there was alot left on the table with that combo(ported eaton). That run in my sig had a crappy(for my car) 60'. With a normal 60' it would have been in the 20's. There's a big difference in the et's you'll see for a given horsepower between people who drag race regularly and take it serious than your regular friday night tnt guys. That was at 3325lb race weight on 28x10.5 slicks in some pretty good air. For comparison that horsepower in a lighter car(3000lbs or less) would be a 9 sec. car.

ellis4

Established Member
no doubt, i really wanted a Cobra more than a new bike but was so upside down on my 05 gixxer 1k that I could not pass on the trade in deal, oh well pay it off in a few years and there will be a Cobra with my name on it....if I don't drive the wife crazy first :poke:

Should have kept the '05:banana:

I had an '06 and will be getting another one when funds allow. I don't think I could enjoy riding a bike as lethargic as a busa/zx-14.. I used to miss my 600 in the twisties when I had my 1000.

Monster14

Beer Me
Established Member
Should have kept the '05:banana:

I had an '06 and will be getting another one when funds allow. I don't think I could enjoy riding a bike as lethargic as a busa/zx-14.. I used to miss my 600 in the twisties when I had my 1000.

I miss the 1k in the twisties, but we go on alot of long rides to bike rallies and the 1k kicked my ass, the 14 is so comfortable. I did some mods to take care of lethargic issues, full system, power commander and gearing so far. She will run!:rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread