1st kill with the 98

MatchStick

Master of the drunken pee
Established Member
I know I know, we have a kills section. But I wanted to share this with my 94-98 Cobra brothers :p

Right to the details.

Raced a fairly new or new Harley Davidson F150. Not 100% sure on his mods other than exhaust.

I have a BBK h-pipe, flows and 4.30's with a K&N drop in filter and Nitto DR's.

Went from about 5mph, he wouldn't go from a stop :rolleyes:

Long story short, I pulled a car length on him in every gear through 4th.

4 cars isn't much, but it was a win either way.

Anybody know what times these trucks run stock?

Edit: I have raced a few other cars, but they were all from around 40-50 mph on. So I don't really count those.

Last edited:

saleen_4_me

I8A4RE
Established Member
Originally posted by MatchStick
I know I know, we have a kills section. But I wanted to share this with my 94-98 Cobra brothers :p

Right to the details.

Raced a fairly new or new Harley Davidson F150. Not 100% sure on his mods other than exhaust.

That Harley had better been supercharged or you where just wasting your time. Find a new lightning you'll have your hands full.

1Bad98Cobra

Established Member
"That Harley had better been supercharged or you where just wasting your time. Find a new lightning you'll have your hands full."

Lmao, i raced a 2002 lightning w/ exhaust and a chip and whomped him (about 4 cars) from a 40ish roll. damn that s-charger was loud tho, scared me at 1st. anyways we pulled over at the next gas station and he's like "damn that thing runs nice, is it a 5.0 or 4.6?" i told him it was a 4.6 with only 4.30's and an o/r x-pipe. he looked at me like "BS!" but i assured him i wasnt lying, thats when he told me he had jlp cai, diablo delta chip, and a full exhaust. anyways it was fun, just wanted 2 share.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Nice kill....:-D

Those Ls aren't that fast unless they've been modded very heavily......I toasted one with Exhaust and a K&N. He pulled next to me after we raced and was like....."that's a bad b!tch!!" :coolman:

MatchStick

Master of the drunken pee
Established Member
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra

Those Ls aren't that fast unless they've been modded very heavily......I toasted one with Exhaust and a K&N. He pulled next to me after we raced and was like....."that's a bad b!tch!!" :coolman:

Thanks Casper.:coolman:

A buddy of mine just finished installing cams in his 03 L to go along with all the other mods he has. When he gets a fresh tune we are gonna line 'em up and see what happens. (I'll lose :lol1: )

PimpJuiceFord

Established Member
Originally posted by Black98COBRA
As far as i know all the harley trucks are supercharged, lightning engine with lower boost.

Not true.

00 - Supercab Only, Stock 5.4L N/A. 260hp/350ftlbs torque.
01 - CrewCab, Stock 5.4L N/A
02 - CrewCab, 5.4L S/C 340hp/425ftlbs torque
03 - Same as 02.

6# of boost vs 8# on Lightning.

Last edited:

1Bad98Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra

lol, he wasnt talking to u matchstick i believe he was talking 2 me , u raced a harley not a L. and yea the L's dont run very good at all unless very highly modded. talked 2 a guy at bradenton thurs. he had a 02' L chipped pullied, exhaust, cai, and dr's runnin 13.1 eww......

GreenCobra

Established Member
You guys are picking on the WRONG lightnings-My 04 ran a 13.42 with just a FTVB. A 5.15 0-60mph and a 1.93 short time.

A chipped and pulleyed L should be in the mid 12's.

A stock Harley with a S/C will run in the low 14s. They are heavier than the L by about 600 Lbs and have 40 less HP.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Originally posted by MatchStick

4 cars isn't much, but it was a win either way.

Anybody know what times these trucks run stock?

Edit: I have raced a few other cars, but they were all from around 40-50 mph on. So I don't really count those.
4 cars at the track is quite a bit. Nice Kill:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread