1st Run on the KB setup

afchad

11 seconds to poop on!
Established Member
Went to the track last night for the first time with the new KB setup. The conditions were less than ideal. 97degrees...88%realitive humidity. Had about 6-7 L's there for the Need2Speed race day.

This was my second run of the night. I am in the far right lane. Ended up running a mere 12.2 @109 with a 1.66/60ft on my street tune (14*timing @15psi).

Figured my race tune could have netted me a few more tenths...but wasn't trying to push it. This setup can definitley hit the 11's when the weather cools a bit even on the street tune. :rockon:

http://media.putfile.com/Chad-Bradenton

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
I didn't know you had a vid of that. Good run Chad. My best for the night was 12.54 @ 107 1.72 60 on DRs. With a very rich tune 10.4 . Should get the pro-soft this week and will fix that. It sure sux, when its that hot out at nite. Still had fun. Allot of very fast cars. GOOD TIME. Maybe see yea next time. I will have the bottle hooked up by then. Should see 11s when it cools down a bit. Thanks for advising us of the race. Tim

afchad

11 seconds to poop on!
Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:
I didn't know you had a vid of that. Good run Chad. My best for the night was 12.54 @ 107 1.72 60 on DRs. With a very rich tune 10.4 . Should get the pro-soft this week and will fix that. It sure sux, when its that hot out at nite. Still had fun. Allot of very fast cars. GOOD TIME. Maybe see yea next time. I will have the bottle hooked up by then. Should see 11s when it cools down a bit. Thanks for advising us of the race. Tim

Yea...my wife was taking the video. Kind of poor quality...but a shot of it none-the-less. By the way...I love your setup Tim. Very clean.

I also couldn't figure out why, after the 1/8 mile mark, my times were slowing. Come to figure...it was so hot...my PCM was taking out timing as i went down. I was cutting a 7.6 in the 1/8 mile...but only a 12.2 by the end.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Chad your truck is awesome. The white with red just really stands out along with the polished bell. I'm really surprised that we all ran as good as we did. The heat last night was just crazy. I have never been to a race where the heat was that intense before. I think all of are trucks deserve a pat on the back for that one. I know Jason was happy with the way his ran. That was his first time out with the bell. My truck has never run so inconsistent before, times were all over the place. I'm sure it was just the heat.

afchad

11 seconds to poop on!
Established Member
svtdvm said:
Chad - Are you full weight and on slicks or d/r?

I had taken the tailgate, tonneau cover, and front sway bar off. Yes...I had slicks as well (Hoosier QTP's)

afchad

11 seconds to poop on!
Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:
Chad your truck is awesome. The white with red just really stands out along with the polished bell. I'm really surprised that we all ran as good as we did. The heat last night was just crazy. I have never been to a race where the heat was that intense before. I think all of are trucks deserve a pat on the back for that one. I know Jason was happy with the way his ran. That was his first time out with the bell. My truck has never run so inconsistent before, times were all over the place. I'm sure it was just the heat.

yes...it was. My truck was pulling out timing all the way down the track.:mj: But....I didn't care...jus love to race. I went through 10 bags of ice on those 4 runs just trying to keep it cool. Thanks for the compliments Tim.

Users who are viewing this thread