1st time at track with 03 Cobra...1/8 mile

USMC-2-USN

Established Member
I figured i would head to the local 1/8 mile track with a friend just for shiots and giggles. After the learning curve was over and i learned ot launch without bog or spin i was running a pretty consistant 8.75 at about 81 MPH with bald NITTOS and the mods below. Couldn't get below a 2.2 60'. I am curious to see what the car will do on a 1/4 mile track since these cars have good HP. My friend with a borla, 2.9RR pullet and tune, K&N FIPK and some other minor mods was running anywhere from 8.1-8.4 on street tires.

Hopefully this week i will swap my magnaflow for stingers!!

Link below

http://sweb.uky.edu/~wjfawb0/vids/2004_5_14_Bryan_Nittos.WMV

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I mustered up a 8.6 @ 85mph 2.25 60ft friday... sounds from the video like you were a little slow on your shifts... my 60's are killing me as well though...

BlueBullitt3686

Established Member
damn boy... heat up those nittos and you should be able to cut atleast a 2.0 ... if not better....
also, not to flame, but have u ever tried power shifting?

jeffsvt

Established Member
Agreed heat up the nittos ! You need to power brake them til you get a good amount of smoke . I'm guessing they are drag radials . I usually burn mine down about 7 seconds , my 60s usally range in the 1.9s on the Nittos whcih really isn't great . I usually launch mine at 3K rpms slipping the clutch and I get little to no spin . Also drive the car like you stole it !

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by nugen
I cut a 2.0 on stock F1's. You should definitely beat that with Nittos.

I've cut 1.84's on ES100's (comparble to the f1's). You def need to work on that 60ft.

Users who are viewing this thread