1st time out-near stock '03 Evo

broeli

Established Member
Well I finally took my Evo to the strip. It was very hot (95) and humid out.
Here is what my Evo has: 3" turbo-back exhaust, K&N drop-in filter, reflashed ecu (mail flash), Buschur fmic. BTW, this was on the stock clutch..which has 22000 miles on it and was slipping a little:

60ft: 1.73
330: 5.201
1/8: 8.136
mph: 83.49
1000: 10.686
1/4: 12.833
mph: 105.25

All runs were 12.8's and 12.9's. Very consistant eventhough the clutch was slipping and the weather conditions weren't so great :thumbsup:

broeli

Established Member
I didn't think the Evo would be as much fun to drag race as my Mustang..but it was a blast. The Evo spends most of it's time doing autox or road course racing. Now it'll see a little more of the drag strip also :-D
More mods coming soon. That's the main reason I took it..to get a baseline of it's current power.

j81234

Established Member
broeli said:
I didn't think the Evo would be as much fun to drag race as my Mustang..but it was a blast. The Evo spends most of it's time doing autox or road course racing. Now it'll see a little more of the drag strip also :-D
More mods coming soon. That's the main reason I took it..to get a baseline of it's current power.

Get some cams and a reflash or standalone and you will be seeing the low 12's.

broeli

Established Member
j81234 said:
Get some cams and a reflash or standalone and you will be seeing the low 12's.
:thumbsup:
Yeah I have more stuff on the way. Nothing major right now though.
This weekend I'm putting on my wideband, ECU+ piggyback, UR upper and lower intercooler piping, small battery kit, Helix intake, Walbro 255 pump, and B&M short shifter with ploy bushings.
I'm also getting a new bov. Next up will be a 10.5 hotside or TME or Buschur 20g upgrade and cams.

Users who are viewing this thread