1st to 2nd grinding....

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
I haven't gotten my VIN yet so I can't say from experience but don't we have enough resources to talk to somebody at Corporate to do something about this issue? Ridiculous! If I wanna drive hard and fast I wanna drive hard and fast! Im not changing my driving style because my brand new car can't take what it's supposed to be able to take smoothly, no? Am I wrong?

GUY WAGNER

Established Member
1-2 grind

I've had my car for a week and 500 miles now and no grind or transmission trouble at all,not once.All of you that are worried,don't be,this is not normal at all.

Para81

Established Member
My 2008 GT500 did this a few times along with clutch chatter at about 9,000 miles - I took it to Ford got the TSB fix under warranty and it shifts like butter.

Go-Fast

Established Member
I would try Redline "D4 ATF" I use it in my 08 Shelby and it definitely did help with the 1-2 grinding. This was after all TSB's where done by ford as well.

I do still get a 1-2 grind on occasion, but not like with the OEM oil.

Also when racing at the track, I pull my seat a little bit more forward than it is normally is to make sure the clutch pedal gets pushed in as much as possible. I've been guilty of not pushing the clutch pedal to the floor once in a while, which did cause some grinding!!!

1zz.jpg

ABOUT RED LINE GEAR OIL FOR MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS
Appropriate coefficient of friction for most manual transmission synchronizers (other's synthetic gear oils are often too slippery for proper synchro engagement)
Red Line offers lubricants to pinpoint nearly every transmission application
MTL, MT-85 & MT-90 are not for use in differentials with hypoid gears
Excellent gear and synchro protection, balanced slipperiness for easier shifting in cold climates Excellent for high- and low-mile transmissions Compatible with petroleums and other synthetics

1320nut

Shelby Girl
Established Member
So sorry to hear of this zeroescence! Will be following this to see how it turns out.

Zeroescence

Established Member
Thank you all for the kind words and help. I hope to get this figured out soon. I did another 6800 rpm 1st to 2nd shift on my way to work today and I tried shifting slower with no grind. So it's the same shit as the older models.

KARSON219

Established Member
Good luck........no grind here.....but I have a question??

I have the standard GT500, no track pack or performance pack. I was wondering, doesnt the TP or PP have a tranny cooler? My question is and maybe someone should start a poll........are the guys with grind issues the ones that have the TP/PP? Dunno, tell me your thoughts!!!

BOD89LX

Established Member
No poll needed its real hit and miss and Ford thought they fixed the problem with updates to the trans and shifter but it looks like they still missed the boat again so you either have to live with it or get a different car.

I have the standard GT500, no track pack or performance pack. I was wondering, doesnt the TP or PP have a tranny cooler? My question is and maybe someone should start a poll........are the guys with grind issues the ones that have the TP/PP? Dunno, tell me your thoughts!!!

rwboring

Established Member
take it back to the dealer... I have almost 2500 miles and haven't had it happen and if its getting worse then there might be a problem.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
It's not extremely common- seems to be an isolated issue with the 13

Really sucks- get it to the dealer.

It's not "common" on the 10-12 cars either, some have it some don't. It makes me glad I didn't order mine even though that was the original plan. I got a better deal off the lot and got to drive the piss out of it before I signed on the dotted line. I'm pretty sure had I ordered it I would have been stuck with it either way.

To the OP Good luck, hopefully your dealer will try to get it at least working better.

1stShelby

Established Member
I haven't had this problem either. Done a lot of high power runs and 1st to 2nd has always been perfectly smooth. As a matter of fact, I haven't missed a single shift since I got this car. Got to say I am really impressed with mine. Sorry to hear about your troubles and hope your dealer gets it sorted out.

SHELBYSVT20

Established Member
Zeroescence, I am really sorry to hear that you are having 1-2 shift grinding issues during higher RPM shifts. I sure hope the dealership's service department will be able to isolate the cause of the problem and get it resolved for you in a timely manner. Good luck to you and please keep us updated on the status of this compelling issue. Jack

Zeroescence

Established Member
Zeroescence, I am really sorry to hear that you are having 1-2 shift grinding issues during higher RPM shifts. I sure hope the dealership's service department will be able to isolate the cause of the problem and get it resolved for you in a timely manner. Good luck to you and please keep us updated on the status of this compelling issue. Jack

Thanks Jack. :beer:

I spoke with the service administrator today. He said they have never worked on one of these transmissions and he would call me back once he makes some phone calls. I didn't hear back from him today but its no rush as the car drives just fine unless I want to shift with haste from 1st to 2nd.

SHELBYSVT20

Established Member
Thanks Jack. :beer:

I spoke with the service administrator today. He said they have never worked on one of these transmissions and he would call me back once he makes some phone calls. I didn't hear back from him today but its no rush as the car drives just fine unless I want to shift with haste from 1st to 2nd.

That's understandable that the service department hasn't worked on the redesigned TR6060 in the '13 Shelby's yet. That was really smart of you to take it right to the dealership so they can properly diagnose, troubleshoot and isolate the specific cause of the 1-2 grind at higher RPM's. That was a great idea that you documented each of the occurences that you have experienced during the 1-2 grind. I sure hope it is something they can take care of right away for you and that it isn't anything major with the tranny, flywheel or clutch. Thank you for the update and as always I wish you the VERY best with this issue and I know the dealership will get it resolved for you soon. Take care, Jack

Last edited:

KARSON219

Established Member
I've been waiting...........

To finally hit 500 miles for my "break in", and I hit it today. Yeah, and I lit it up, to no surprise shes fast, really freakin fast. But the best news, was no 1-2 grind here!! Sorry to hear about you guys and this issue, but none here. Again, mines no TP or PP, and it seems those guys are the ones having issues if im correct?

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I would not expect Ford to say they are even aware of any issues, they have denied any issue with this for years. I'm very surprised Jamal mentions it in one of the videos. It's been a complete joke.

There is a thread on the Tremec website saying there might be issue with .5% on all TR6060's, LOL, like I said, what a joke. I'd say somewhere between 10% and 25%.

I'm really surprised the manufacturers have stayed with Tremec, maybe there isn't enough competition in the transmission space.

I would love to here of a dealer that actually knows how to fix this issue.

Who knows, perhaps Fischer Price will start making transmissions.

Last edited:

Zeroescence

Established Member
I would not expect Ford to say they are even aware of any issues, they have denied any issue with this for years. I'm very surprised Jamal mentions it in one of the videos. It's been a complete joke.

There is a thread on the Tremec website saying there might be issue with .5% on all TR6060's, LOL, like I said, what a joke. I'd say somewhere between 10% and 25%.

I'm really surprised the manufacturers have stayed with Tremec, maybe there isn't enough competition in the transmission space.

I would love to here of a dealer that actually knows how to fix this issue.

Who knows, perhaps Fischer Price will start making transmissions.

You are correct. They said there is no issue and that I need to push the clutch pedal all the way to the floor when shifting or it will lock out 2nd, that's coming from ford in an email that was sent to my dealer.

My dealer said he was sorry and that when the trans pops to bring the car in and I'll be well documented. So as of now I'm going to start pushing the clutch pedal to the floor. :shrug: I still love my car and it's very odd how it comes and goes.

I had my PSCA drag buddy drive the car and he had the same problem 2 out of 5 pulls which is about the same amount I see it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread