1st try w/ Zaino.

Orleans04

Established Member
Just got home this morning. Im such a computer tard... spent the last 30 mins trying to remember how to get these damn pics off my camera and onto my desktop to upload *RANTOFF*

Anywho, here they are. This is my 1st try w/ Zaino and I am THRILLED with the results. Well worth the $$.

Pic 1

Pic 2
I know my tops a littly dusty, but I just drove it home 60 miles and spent 4 1/2 hrs on the wash n wax-- was too damn tired to clean it

Pic 3

TRBO VNM

simply beautiful. did you claybar it first? If not, oh man are you missing an even better finished product. get a few coats of z2 pro on there and it will really be nice.

Orleans04

Established Member
simply beautiful. did you claybar it first? If not, oh man are you missing an even better finished product. get a few coats of z2 pro on there and it will really be nice.

No, didn't clay bar it :( Kinda wish I did now. I have some water spotting on the rear. Guess I'll do that next wax job I put on her. Guessing in about a month or so. Thanks though. I love a cleaned up Blk car.

Last edited:

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Nothing better than a clean black car. Good job man car looks sick. I've been using Zaino for a while now and couldn't be happier. I clay bar mine once a year and wait till you wax it after a clay bar, it's like putting warm butter on your car literally.

Orleans04

Established Member
Nothing better than a clean black car. Good job man car looks sick. I've been using Zaino for a while now and couldn't be happier. I clay bar mine once a year and wait till you wax it after a clay bar, it's like putting warm butter on your car literally.

You're making me want to go out there w/ a bucket of Dawn soapy water and start all over ;-)

Do you clay bar the whole car, or just the bad spots?

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
looks great man! if you just have some rough spots then, spot clay, otherwise do the whole car

Last edited:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
If i were you i would do it.. Right now.. It is for your own good. Go....do it!!!! NOW!!! before its to late...............................you cars surface depends on it. :nonono:

:lol: ... lol.. Nice job. :rockon:

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Orleans04 said:
You're making me want to go out there w/ a bucket of Dawn soapy water and start all over ;-)

Do you clay bar the whole car, or just the bad spots?

I clay bar the whole car once a winter while it's in storage in my garage. Let's me spend some QT with it during my "cobraless" months, lol.
IMO if you're going to use a clay bar do it on the entire car, there's lots of contaminants it will remove that you can't even see. Plan on spending the whole day with your car though. :beer:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Why not use the PC Fusion instead of claying? I found that stuff was amazing at removing rail dust, water spots, etc.

Orleans04

Established Member
If I go back now and use the clay bar after waxing it--- do i have to use dawn and do a full wash again? or just start using the clay ontop of the wax i just put on?

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Orleans04 said:
If I go back now and use the clay bar after waxing it--- do i have to use dawn and do a full wash again? or just start using the clay ontop of the wax i just put on?

You have to use Dawn and wash it first to get the wax off the car. Basically you mix a little car wash with water in a spray bottle and use that as lubricant for the clay bar. So you want to wash with Dawn, clay bar, wash with regular car wash, then apply the wax. You want to wax it immediately after you clay bar it though because the clay bar basically leaves you with unprotected paint. Since you just waxed it I would wait till you're ready to wax it again then do the clay bar and wax.

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
BoneCrusher said:
You have to use Dawn and wash it first to get the wax off the car. Basically you mix a little car wash with water in a spray bottle and use that as lubricant for the clay bar. So you want to wash with Dawn, clay bar, wash with regular car wash, then apply the wax. You want to wax it immediately after you clay bar it though because the clay bar basically leaves you with unprotected paint. Since you just waxed it I would wait till you're ready to wax it again then do the clay bar and wax.

I would be leary of using dawn. I have heard that not only does it strip wax, but it also softens pain, which then makes it susceptible to hairline scratches. I would wash your car two or three times with regular car wash and then clay bar it. If there is any wax that the claying doesn't get rid of, your other paint prepping will get rid of it!

inteller

Established Member
oh good lord.....yeah, maybe if there were no clearcoat on the car.

dawn is fine.

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
inteller said:
oh good lord.....yeah, maybe if there were no clearcoat on the car.

dawn is fine.
Yeah, a strong household cleaner used for stripping grease off dishes and pans is probably safe for paint that is already thin and delicated from the factory. What do I know about detailing, anyways.
anet2.gif

anet1.gif

HRspacers079wec.gif

Last edited:

inteller

Established Member
:rollseyes dawn is weak compared to the things that truely threaten your clearcoat. namely overheating using a orbital buffer and using anything less than microfiber.

good car wash soap is designed to remove dirt while leaving polish. That isn't going to do the job when you need to take everything off and prep your car.

I wont argue that unprotected paint is a bad thing, but dawn isn't going to eat through your paint.

Users who are viewing this thread