2.2 60'......2013 GT manual help...

ExTurbo

Established Member
so i took my car to the track for the first time, not a total newb but learning the mustang anyway. this is my first solid axle car as well. My car is mostly stock, save an intake/tune and an axleback if that makes a difference, however i do have FR adjustable shocks and struts, along with Ford racing P springs (1" drop). i also did FR LCA's at the same time. I attempted to run on street tires (micky thompson Street comps 275/40/18) however i couldnt get it under a 2.2 60'. Obviously a good set of drag radials or slicks would be an improvement, however they just arent in the cards for now. I was hoping for at least a 2.0 60' but it seemed like no matter what pressures i set the rears (went as low as 27 lbs) it was spin city all night. Anyone have any advice? how to set up the shocks and struts? I think they might be a little too stiff (great for the street and handling) but when it comes to the best launch they might not be on the right setting. I was pleasently surprised that it didnt wheel hop at all with this setup, i just wish i could get it off the line a little quicker. :burnout:

Elwood617

Established Member
When my car was stock, the best I could do was a 1.86 60'. That was launching at 3500, 25 psi in the tires (stock P-Zero) driving around the water box and only scuffing the tires. I could get pretty consistent 1.9's though. You could try and play with softening the compression dampening on your shocks, but your springs are pretty stiff, so it may not work. Worth a shot though.

ExTurbo

Established Member
Ive been doing some reading on LCA's and needing a relocation bracket. I have Ford Racing lower control arms and a 1" drop, is my geometry off?

ExTurbo

Established Member
tried between 2200 and 3500 with little change launched higher it just spins and spins. i realize street tires arent optimal, but i should be able to get at least a 2.0-1.9 on a 275. gonna try playing with the shocks/softer setting next time and see what that does

Users who are viewing this thread