2.2 pulley??

99SSls1

Established Member
I see the 2.2 when I search but don't see anyone selling them. I have the 2.4 and thought I would play around with one before I upgrade.

Just found a post by vmp saying roush said running a 2.2 was cutting it close for the bearings. What about a 2.3 I wonder, if I machined it down for the 2.4 I could have just done it for a 2.3 and been at the max.

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
i dont think anyone followed through with making them.

If you want the 2.4 check out Billet Pro Shop

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Smallest pulley sold is a 2.4 and your snout will need machined down on the stock eaton. Stiegmeir sells a kit with a special snout included with a 2.2 I believe for 895 plus his 6-700 for a port and you might as well buy a tvs.

einehund

Established Member
the lower pulley change is only an hour job with the right tools... I did it in my garage. Now cheaply? yeah, the lower pullies are expensive... look used.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
the lower pulley change is only an hour job with the right tools... I did it in my garage. Now cheaply? yeah, the lower pullies are expensive... look used.

+1--- even if you were to find a 2.2 you're going to have to pull the blower to get the snout milled. I think pulling the blower is a longer job, but neither one is very hard or time consuming. Good luck either way! I'd vote for the 10 or 15% lower...

enormous

Established Member
+1--- even if you were to find a 2.2 you're going to have to pull the blower to get the snout milled. I think pulling the blower is a longer job, but neither one is very hard or time consuming. Good luck either way! I'd vote for the 10 or 15% lower...
The snout can be removed from the blower without having to pull the blower from the engine.. I use a 12ml syringe with a 4" piece on aquarium hose to remove SC oil, place rags under snout to catch any remaining oil, remove snout bolts, tap snout forward and remove. The entire rotor pack can easily be removed this way too.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
I agree, it can be removed. However, my point is that the lower will take less time and energy to do with the right tools. The OP will still have to send off the snout to get milled unless he can do that himself. Either way I wouldn't completely write off the lower because it really isn't a hard install at all. Took me less than an hour to do. There isn't anything too mechanically challenging either. Just want to throw that out there for the OP.

99SSls1

Established Member
Removing and milling is a walk in the park for me. The lower is harder to hide from the wife. Haha I won't go out of my way to get a 2.2 but I can source it and the cost is right I will still get it. The lower doesn't sound all that bad now.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Removing and milling is a walk in the park for me. The lower is harder to hide from the wife. Haha I won't go out of my way to get a 2.2 but I can source it and the cost is right I will still get it. The lower doesn't sound all that bad now.

Lol just get her a day pass for the spa and go to town! ;-) I just did my heat exchanger that way!

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Nobody I've heard of even makes a 2.2 besides Stiegmeir and the kit he sells it in is more expensive than the lower. Listen to these guys and don't waste your time on that, lower or a tvs will be more cost effective.

99SSls1

Established Member
Ok bob got back to me and said the snout and pulley could be purchased for 650. Not bad if I wouldn't have bought a puller and pulley already. (150 pulley and 100 used puller)

Users who are viewing this thread