2-3 and 6 shift problems...

Venumous

Established Member
Ok well I bought the car in August of 07 and it had a 2-3 shift problem then which has gotten worse since. The 2-3 shift is smooth and hard only 20% of the time and will otherwise jam and lock me out for a second. Also shifting into 6th is nearly impossible without jamming it like a 1-2 shift at the track. One of my friends has his own lift and has repaired multiple T-56s (although they were all LS1s) and I want to confirm what all I am likely going to need. I plan on ordering:
3-4 Fork Steel
Complete Syncronizer Rebuild Kit
Billet 3-4 Inserts
New 6th gear

Anyone think I'll need anything else?

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
that seems like it should cover it. Its most likely a bent shift fork or a synchro. While your in it i would replace all the forks.

Did you ever miss a shift at High RPM? that seems to bent the shift forks.

Venumous

Established Member
that seems like it should cover it. Its most likely a bent shift fork or a synchro. While your in it i would replace all the forks.

Did you ever miss a shift at High RPM? that seems to bent the shift forks.

It shifts fine to 3rd at low RPMs.. only when I run it up does it jam. 6th gear messes up pretty much every time, even if I shift at 1000 RPMs and slow as Moses.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
It shifts fine to 3rd at low RPMs.. only when I run it up does it jam. 6th gear messes up pretty much every time, even if I shift at 1000 RPMs and slow as Moses.

my car is the same exact way

gray03beast

Established Member
mine was like this when in high rpm it was hard to shift so i pulled the tranny to rebuild it and found a fryed cluch just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread