2.3 Whipple info from Dustin

mike69440

Established Member
Received this by e-mail.

Mike,

This kit has no association to Works. This is our design and manufactured kit. The system is $2995 which comes with a black finish, new rear inlet, bypass, adapter plate, linkage bracket and misc. hardware for 13psi. We have pulleys for up to 24psi but because there's such large variances in fuel systems, custom engines, etc. that we don't plan to offer a "tuned" fuel/computer system past 13psi. This will be left to the tuners. Razors Edge Motorsports has purchased our first released kits, you can contact them at 954.917.9200. Check our website next week, it will have upgraded pictures and solid models of the kit.

Thanks,
Dustin
Whipple Superchargers

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
thanks for the info mike. Just to make sure I have this straight, the WHOLE kit for 13psi will be $2995? What about tuning? What kind of chip will RE motorsports include?

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
John, I bet that you would have no problem getting your chip reburned to accomidate more boost. This is starting to look good, but what happened to the 3.3 liter?

co3bra

Established Member
I recently talked to tim at razors edge and he quoted me $3,300. what gives? either way, it Looks like I'll be going south sometime soon.

hello sunshine

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
The 3.3 wont fit, well it can be made to fit, but from a "mainstream" manufacturers viewpoint, its not the barrier to entry they want to tackle, thus the 2.3

predator

Established Member
Well....the scoop I got on the 3.3L is that there will NOT be one offered....PERIOD!! Of course later in the conversation this statement was repeated.......with a condition that said something like "maybe in the future after all 2.3L kits sell and there is still a market". That was relayed to me from RE....who had that conversation with Whipple. I don't think I can wait any longer to find out if the 3.3L becomes a reality. RE is suppose to be testing sometime next week on an 03 Cobra and have results on their website. With that price all I can say is call and get on the list with RE. They will be getting 25 kits initially and selling them in various configs. :thumbsup:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Black finish? Too bad it doesn't have the stock finish. Wonder if that would be an option.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
24 psi. sounds like alot of fun to me. Wonder how much rwhp that is going to translate into. Will there have to be fuel system mods. to use that level of boost? If so, what type and how much?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I just want to double check my math.

The 2.3 L Whipple is equal to 140 cu in, right?
The stock Eaton is 112 cu in?

A 25% increase, I guess.

Are the displacements computed the same way for both of the blowers?
Looks like this is the one I've been waiting for.

Thanks,
Dana

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
esqeddy - you will definately need fuel system mods for 24psi. I am by no means an expert, but from what I have read, if your going to push 20+psi for close to 700rwhp you will need injectors, 55lb, maybe the new 60lb injectors that are coming out. You will need the focus pumps also. We are also finding out that after you get the injectors and focus pumps that the fuel lines start becoming the restricting factor. I think some shops are working on that right now.

I may have skipped over some stuff, but thats the basics of what you will need/want for more than 650rwhp.

ALA G8R

Banned
It will be greater than 25% when you factor in the improved efficiency from the twin screw compression.

Does anyone know if this kit require and/or include larger injectors?

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
They will have a tuner version, and a full version. This I do know from the horses mouth.

Tuner - non injectors, pumps, etc.

Last edited:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I would be interested in the tuner version of the kit, since I already have all the other pieces installed. Was a price released on that yet?

Thanks,

Dana

Users who are viewing this thread