2.3 whipple modifications?

Poon Pounder

Established Member
I'm thinking about hopping on that 2.3 whipple on sale right now. I was wondering what kind of modications are needed for this bolt on application. Do i need 60 lb injectors, 255 pumps, maf 2400, etc? What exactly is needed to stay safe on a stock block?

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Yes, pumps and injectors are a must if you want to have a chance of saving your stock block, accompanied by a good tune of course. You can even run a 4 lber safely with the 3.375 upper, thats what I do. GL! you'll love it after the Whipple!

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
yes just be careful with it and dont push to much boost. My stock block got killed at the track on a cold night with a 2.3 kb

wrxman60

Premiere Wheelman
Established Member
Poon, I was thinking of going this route as well, but as everyone has already said, yes, dont turn up the boost on the stock block, but at the same time, you need to turn the whipple enough for it to run efficiently to make good power.

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
I'm running the 3.375 upper and 4 lb lower and Ive seen as much as 18 lbs on my boost gauge... I think you'll be fine as long as your tune is fine. I can't wait for the cold weather, even though I know that can be dangerous. I'm sure it will be a whole nother animal!

Users who are viewing this thread