2.3 Whipple pulley question

SVTBrandon95

Established Member
Wondering if it will be safe to run a 1st Gen whipple with a 3" upper & a 4lb lower on 93? This is the current setup on the car but it needs to be rebuilt (I've bought the car not running intending to do a complete rebuild ) . Wondering if I should go ahead and change that so I don't run into problems in the future with this car .

Mods for the car are listed below

3" upper
4lb lower pulley
Accufab tb
80lb injectors
Division x fuel rails
Return style w/ dual Walboro pumps
Longtubes
Kooks catless x pipe
Borla stingers

cj428mach

Established Member
It really depends on how much boost its putting out, my old gen 1 whipple would have been at 21psi with that setup. Major no no for 93.

94slowbra1

Established Member
I run my gen 1 2.3 with a 3.25 and a 4lb lower. Makes 19lbs and that the max I would go with it. I wouldn't do the 3" upper and 4lb lower, asking for trouble

SVTBrandon95

Established Member
It really depends on how much boost its putting out, my old gen 1 whipple would have been at 21psi with that setup. Major no no for 93.

That's kinda what I've been hearing ☹️ there's just not any e85 near me but I hate I have to run lower boost like that... my ported Eaton made 522... not looking like this 2.3 is gonna do much more lol

SVTBrandon95

Established Member
I run my gen 1 2.3 with a 3.25 and a 4lb lower. Makes 19lbs and that the max I would go with it. I wouldn't do the 3" upper and 4lb lower, asking for trouble

How long has yours been this way & what did it put down? And have you had any issues ?... maybe I'll just go to a 3.25 and call it a day...

94slowbra1

Established Member
Been like this for about 5 years, makes 616/575 on 93. Just put the 3.25 on there. It's much better than a ported Eaton set up.
I'm in your boat, no e85 around me and probably never will be. I enjoy my 600+
I don't really want a bigger blower so this is where I'm going to stay

SVTBrandon95

Established Member
Been like this for about 5 years, makes 616/575 on 93. Just put the 3.25 on there. It's much better than a ported Eaton set up.
I'm in your boat, no e85 around me and probably never will be. I enjoy my 600+
I don't really want a bigger blower so this is where I'm going to stay

Guess I'm going with the 3.25 pulley ! Haha not worth the risk on a fresh motor I feel like - 616 is pretty good ; I'd be picking up 100 hp from the Eaton so I guess that's not so bad . Thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread