2.4 KB Cobra Vs. LS2 C6 w/ Exhaust

mysticalsnake

Established Member
Well, my car's been down for quite a long time between going back to school and accumulating parts here and there, and also changing my mind a few times on the route I want to go with the car. So, in the last year I've been without the cobra and oover this time a few friends have gotten some high 12-second 240's with SR20 swaps, and a few new faces have shown up in town with respectable cars. Turns out that apparently the "fastest" car that's really been running around is a guy's LS2 C6 vette. Yeah yeah, I know...we don't have crap for a car scene and all of us are friends that make up the entire "scene." All, I've heard this entire time is how quick it is and watched this guy's ego get bigger and bigger, as well as all of his friends with slower cars.

So I get my car back Tuesday night from getting tuned, and I see him out wednesday night just cruising a bit and he follows me 'til I meet up with my buddies but he never say a word to me. Thursday night rolls around and we're all out as the next day is Good Friday and nobody has to be in early for anything, but it's rained a bit and the roads are still wet where we make runs, and NOW he comes up wanting to run and I simply tell him I'm not wrecking my car to prove a point. Fast forward to Friday afternoon and now my phone's getting blown up from people I know wanting me to run him and I agree. Apparently this guy knows my entire set up and the power I laid down and he is STILL extremely willing to run me. So I'm guessing he either thinks that i'm BS'ing everyone with what I have OR he's spraying a decent size shot and will stick with me or pull me slightly....12:30 a.m. rolls around and we take off to where we're running at and I'll let the video do the talking:

2 Bikes following: 1000 GSXR and ZX14, Camera car: 370Z with intakes, test pipes, x-pipe and cat-back, tune. I also have to say that the camera operator is extremely novice as in, this was his first time ever doing this, so please for give the jerkiness and shakiness of the video:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIUJwDdwARg"]YouTube- 2.4L KB Cobra vs. LS2 Vette[/nomedia]

rolls:
starting off in 2nd gear at ~3250 RPM. First is a waste as you'll see in the 2nd roll vid. This is the reason I did this run starting in 2nd:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_zSR5l8HB8"]YouTube- 2004 2.4L KB Cobra vs. LS2 Vette[/nomedia]

1st gear: blew off the tires, wheel hopped, stopped, put it in 2nd and proceeded to pull.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GupS4qWjHG4"]YouTube- 2004 2.4L KB Cobra vs. LS2 Vette[/nomedia]

Last edited:

mysticalsnake

Established Member
hm....not sure why the link wouldn't work for you :(...I'm still getting used to the car so i was definitely shifting like a grandpa and only shifting at ~6500 when i'm good for 7K RPM...and at 130 it was close to 2 buses.

Mizzell5000

65 Mustang Master
Established Member
damn! you spanked him and left him in your dust to follow.. so did you manage to hold the bikes off also or did they go by you jw?

mysticalsnake

Established Member
well, the bigger guy on the ZX-14 has an absolute monster underneath him. i'd have to be making a solid 700+ at the wheels to run side-by-side probably. the other bike had quite the time keeping up and only hit the brakes from catching up right before i hit 130-ish and he only started out about 3 cars behind me. the GSXR i'm pretty sure has a fairly average rider on it as well.

Edit: Edited OP for the 2 roll runs.

Last edited:

mysticalsnake

Established Member
You're going down for 1st degree murder.

haha! thanks man, the sad thing is...i've gotten all this hype up about this vette so i figured he had something up his sleeve. Truth be told, i've got something up mine. I'll be going back for 21 psi + meth injection by the beginning of summer and getting off of this 14psi crap :banana:

mysticalsnake

Established Member
Good kill! how much RWHP your car make with a 2.4?

I made 578 rwhp & 494 rwtq with relatively low humidity and about 70-75* outside for final dyno pull. Great weather for where I live. Usually it's so humid you can't get sweat to evaporate off your skin with a fan.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I made 578 rwhp & 494 rwtq with relatively low humidity and about 70-75* outside for final dyno pull. Great weather for where I live. Usually it's so humid you can't get sweat to evaporate off your skin with a fan.

Good kill! I don't know how he was thinking he was going to pull you with just a full exhaust. He must have access to that Kush.:beer:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Very nice slaughter...there is prolly more 200+ rwhp in between you and the vetter...damn that was a kill!nice dude

pimpdout98gt

bigdog
Established Member
good kills! what pulley setup you got on the 2.4 to make 14 p.s.i.? must be stock pulley or close. you are making good numbers on only 14 p.s.i. it's probably the cams, fuel system and exhaust that help your numbers.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
I dont think he believed he would beat me if I was making what I was saying. I think he was believing the I was just BS'ing about my numbers.

And the 3.5" pulley on the blower plus a 4lb. lower yielded me 14 psi.

pimpdout98gt

bigdog
Established Member
wow that's not alot of boost considering your pulley setup. i calculated that my car would produce 21 p.s.i. with a 3.25" upper and 4 lbs. lower from the advertised pulley/boost chart on kenne bell's website. oh well, i guess i will find out when i actually go to a dyno. thanx

Quik Z06

Established Member
hm....not sure why the link wouldn't work for you :(...I'm still getting used to the car so i was definitely shifting like a grandpa and only shifting at ~6500 when i'm good for 7K RPM...and at 130 it was close to 2 buses.

Yea, dont know. It worked today though. Nice kills, he probably wont be out for a while now :D

Silver03Termi

Established Member
well, the bigger guy on the ZX-14 has an absolute monster underneath him. i'd have to be making a solid 700+ at the wheels to run side-by-side probably. the other bike had quite the time keeping up and only hit the brakes from catching up right before i hit 130-ish and he only started out about 3 cars behind me. the GSXR i'm pretty sure has a fairly average rider on it as well.

Edit: Edited OP for the 2 roll runs.

nice kills. you'd need more than 700 to out run the gsxr1000, and A LOT MORE than 700 to think about touching the zx14. id say probably closer to 900 for the suzuki, the kawasaki is probably untouchable, especially above 100. you tube search it. i believe there are many 600-700 whp cobras getting freight trained by basically stock 1000cc bikes. what do i know though. :rolling:

edit: i just youtube searched "cobra beats zx14"..."No videos found" lol

Last edited:

brainpa

Established Member

I would think that with the KB and cams you would have put down more, no??

Nice kill.

SlwSVT

Established Member
You ate him up pretty bad, but that was to be expected. On your dyno numbers you are claiming, you are about 200rwhp then him. An exhaust C6 LS2 is about 340-350rwhp. Your boost does sound low for the pulley set up you have. I would of thought about 18#s.

Users who are viewing this thread