2.4 or 2.5

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
I'm running a 2.6 with a 10% lower on a Ported eaton. At what point do you start making too much heat and become less efficient?

kent1

Established Member
I have the same combo you have with afco heat exchanger. It is my understanding you could run the 2.4 as long as you have the afco or revan heat exchanger on the auto. I personally would only used the 2.5 pulley on the combination you have...you finally reached a point where the car simply does not make much more hp or tq.

sedanman

Established Member
I am interested in peoples thoughts I have been thinking of going to a 2.5 from the 2.59 then next year either a port and lower or 13 tvs just weight options.

Any 10% 2.5 port dynos or track times?

bull3441

Established Member
You're already there. What are you're IAT's after consecutive runs? What T-stat is in the car?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I'm running a 2.6 with a 10% lower on a Ported eaton. At what point do you start making too much heat and become less efficient?
The answer is totally a function of how effective/effiecient your intercooler cooling system is. Folks have spun the M-112's and M-122's up to 20 lbs of boost with excellent results, but they all had appropriate cooling systems in place.

On the street, it would be tough to keep a setup of much over 18 lbs of boost under heat control without Chiller Killer type technology. The dual fan HE's do a nice job on the street in most conditions when boost stays below 18 lbs. At the track, appropriate icing strategies, in conjunction with an upgraded heat exchanger is an absolute necessity to maximizing performance at all boost levels, but especially at 14 lbs plus.

Users who are viewing this thread