2 5/8" Guages in place of CD player?

97SVTStang

Established Member
Anyone ever see 2 5/8" gauges mounted where the stock CD player use to be? I see everyone with 2 1/16" gauges but wanted to know if a little bit of minor modification to that plastic bezel and that gauge panel you can buy if you could make it work? I have been sizing everything up for about a week now and I think I can make it work and still look clean as hell and look almost factory.

Anyone ever see the bigger gauges down there. Or should I stop thinking about it and just go for it. I mean if worst comes to worst I just buy a new plastic bezel if I dont like my finished product right? Let me know.

97SVTStang

Established Member
Nobody ever seen this? Well I guess somebody has to do it first. I am going to give it a shot. I will have pics up of the finished product when I get there.

MARK C

Established Member
I just got my copy of 5.0 mag in the mail the other day.......They had a little paragraph on a company who makes the pod you are talking about! I'm at work right now so I can't look it up.
Hope this helps.

97SVTStang

Established Member
Well I finally finished it all up except for painting the bracket. Took alot of work with the dremmel tool and 3 seperate attempts at making a bracket but I got it done and it looks super clean. Cant even tell I had to cut that stock plastic bezel. Need to paint the bracket but hopefully I will have pics up soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread