2.6 pulley and tune question.

teejay

Established Member
Hey Justin, thanks again for getting my 2.6 pulley and tune out so promptly before mustang week.

I just got the pulley and loaded the tune. I drove it around low boost and everything seems fine. I havent pushed it yet till I get it on the dyno tomorrow. I was plugged the SCT in to check it out (never had one before). I noticed the gear ratio is set to stock or standard. Whereas I have 3.73 gears. I cant remember if i marked the 3.73 button on your order form. Should I leave it alone or did you already load it with 3.73 option?

Also, I am getting C&R Heat exchanger tomorrow. Should a new tune be in order?

T.J. Russu
2011 GT500
Stock motor except FRPP resonator delete

93 octane tune
285/35/20 SVTPP tires
3.73 gears

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Teejay, unless you see that you had user options you could change when you loaded the tune, there is a good chance Justin didn't change the gear ratio switch in the tune. If that is the case, your gear ratio will be pulled from the VID block along with your OEM tire size data. As far as changing the tune for the heat exchanger probably not, as I think Justin lowers the temp setting to power the intercooler pump and the fans will work off the same relay. Now go beat on that bad boy and report back.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
No special tuning for the HE required.

Right, the data gets pulled from the VID block, so your speed will be correct, nothing to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread