2.70 pulley?

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
I just talked to Johnny L and he is gonna have a 2.70 pulley available soon, this would give approx. 5.5lbs of boost over stock....anyone heard of any #'s for one of these...I am sure that he isn't the first to have one of these or is he? His wife claimed 11.2@124 on the upper+lower combo w/ exhaust and chip...not bad...

mm49

Established Member
Originally posted by 00yellowr
I just talked to Johnny L and he is gonna have a 2.70 pulley available soon, this would give approx. 5.5lbs of boost over stock....anyone heard of any #'s for one of these...I am sure that he isn't the first to have one of these or is he? His wife claimed 11.2@124 on the upper+lower combo w/ exhaust and chip...not bad...

He probably is the first to have the 2.70. He made the 11.2@124 at the Cecil County Super Stallion Event, Saw it first hand. He has been busy on his Lightning Program which recently made a Best Run of 10.59 !! So when he spools up the Cobra Program full tilt watch out !! :D And when his Cobra ran 11.2 it had less than 600 miles on it....

Next Spring will be awesome !

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Just an observation here,
How are you going to keep the belt from slipping on this one, if they are slipping on the 2.93 pulleys? A brand new belt would probably be ok for a little while, but then back to slipping.
Additional idler pulleys?
Dana

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
Originally posted by randy
Kennebell.........3.55 inch pulley = 13lbs of boost

is that achieved just because the blower is more effitient?

someones gotta be working on a system that won't slip the belt...

jtfx6552

Established Member
Originally posted by 00yellowr
is that achieved just because the blower is more effitient?

No not "just", a very small part is do to the higher efficiency, the main reason is that the boost is higher with the same pulley ratio that the eaton has is that the KB is a larger displacement blower.

JT

jtfx6552

Established Member
Re: Re: 2.70 pulley?

Originally posted by mm49
He probably is the first to have the 2.70. He made the 11.2@124 at the Cecil County Super Stallion Event, Saw it first hand. He has been busy on his Lightning Program which recently made a Best Run of 10.59 !! So when he spools up the Cobra Program full tilt watch out !! :D And when his Cobra ran 11.2 it had less than 600 miles on it....

Next Spring will be awesome !

Nitrous Pete's upper pulley is a 2.7" also, not sure who had it first.

JT

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
I am thinking of getting it soon, can't wait to see what it can do...I already am at 430hp, maybe close to 500 w/ the 5.5lb pulley?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I think I am alittle confused, if you put on a 2.70 upper pulley wouldn't that give about 8psi over stock? And like Dana said, what about belt slippage? I know the guy who is using the 2.70 and a lower pulley is making some good numbers, but still..

2003snake

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
I think I am alittle confused, if you put on a 2.70 upper pulley wouldn't that give about 8psi over stock? And like Dana said, what about belt slippage? I know the guy who is using the 2.70 and a lower pulley is making some good numbers, but still..

I'm a little lost myself....I thought that the 2.93 was about 5# and the 2.80 was about 6#.

Speaking of Dana....I'm going I think with the lower pulley as well...how's the install coming?

If cost was not a problem why would anyone want to go with the upper pulley?

The lower does not have slippage from what I understand.

The lower offers a couple of boost options, adding 6#, in other words taking boost to 14#, ok?

Who burns a chip for Magnaflow Catback, X pipe, Densecharger and 6# additional (14#) boost??????

Looking for some input here

f4sfed

Established Member
Has anyone calculated how fast the blower would now be spinning with the 2.70 upper, and the 4# lower?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Well guys,
The Metco kit arrived minus the 14mm hex wrench needed to remove the crank bolt. After several hours of fighting traffic trying to find this socket, I gave up. I called Snap On and am going to hook up with the local guy tomorrow (Wednesday afternoon). So, vacation being over tomorrow also, I am not going to attempt it until Friday. So, stay tuned for more and some pics. Sorry guys.

As far as the blower speed goes for a 6 lb lower, based on the given figure of 9 inches for the lower and 2.70 inches for the upper, are you ready for this? 19,800 RPM's (blower) if the crank speed is 6,000 RPM's. The ratio is around 3.3 to 1. A little too fast for me.
I though that 16,900 (4# lower+3.0" upper) was going to be a little on the high side for mine, but that's scary!

f4sfed, got your scattershield??
4lb lower and 2.70 upper at 6,000 crank =18,900. Careful!!

As far as upper vs. lower, the upper is much, much easier, to say nothing of cheaper.

You guys want to play with these numbers yourself, here's the sizes I picked up for the lowers:
stock=7.4 inches
2lb =7.9
4lb =8.5 (verified)
6lb =9.0
They are approximations and are close enough to do the calculations. I have not measured them, but these are the numbers being thrown around on several of the forums.

Divide the upper diameter into the lower diameter. The answer is the number of times the upper will spin for one rev of the lower. Multiply that times the desired engine speed to determine the blower speed at that RPM.

Dana

f4sfed

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
f4sfed, got your scattershield??
4lb lower and 2.70 upper at 6,000 crank =18,900. Careful!!

I agree completely! I was asking, in an attempt to make people think about what they're doing. If you wanna spin your blower that fast, I'd recommend a different blower.

I myself, am not planning on doing anything with the lower pulley. I'm VERY happy with the 2.93 upper! ...now if I could get keep my chip in my car longer than 5 days, I'll be all set. :gt:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I have the 3.0 inch upper and the 4 lb lower is going on as soon as I get my hands on the 14mm hex socket I need.
Dana

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Stock, I was pushing 8 1/2 or so. Now with the 3 inch upper, 12 1/2 or so with some slippage. So, I'm hoping for a solid 16 lbs, maybe a little more, with the 4 lb lower. More when I fix the slippage problem. My slippage problem seems minor, but exists.
The lower should be on Friday night.
Dana

Users who are viewing this thread