2.76 with a 4#

Jman

Established Member
what kinda of boost are we talking about with a 2.76 with a 4# lower
are there any other mods needed other then a tune?
a lot of people are talking about heat soak on the forum will a bigger H/E or an electric water pump cut it? and whats an average time for this setup obvisously
driver ability permitting, but just asking...... thanks :poke:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
umm I would defiantly not do that unless you ported the blower also or you are going to be running that thing hotter than hell... I am planning on getting a ported blower with a 2.8 and 4lb lower I already have heat exchanger and intercooler resiviour so heat wont be too bad for me... Supposedly a ported blower with a 2.8 and 4lb lower or 6lb lower runs about has hot as a unported blower with a 2.76....

hope this helps

03cobrarocks

Established Member
o yea the average times for a ported eaton with 2.93 and 4lb lower with all the other basic mods is usually really low 11s sometimes with good tires and good driver you can get into the 10.8s...

Jman

Established Member
ok man, well i bought a cobra off a kid in pa, stock except for catback and h&r springs i've since added an intake, but i found a pic of my car when he had it stating mods 2.76 RR Upper, 4lb Metco Lower, H&R SS, AFS 18” 18x9/18x10.5 with 285/35 and 335/30. Steeda Triax, DynoJet Wideband, Autometer Boost, Water Temp and Fuel Pressure. Mac Prochamber and 2.5” catback. Predator Tuner. but it doesn't look like he switched the h/e, is this bad? i mean i got it pretty much stripped i guess, if i went back to that setup then it wouldn't be a good idea?

Jman

Established Member
well i bought the car 3 months ago, was under the assumption that it was stock, other then the rims, springs, and catback, i looked it up on svtregistry and i thought a car looked familiar and it was the same one i bought, but want to mod and figured maybe i could run what was on there, i'm new to this so i figured i'd ask around.......
still trying to find a shop up by me in jersey, wanna slap it on a dyno tho

IllestSVT

Established Member
With a port, 2.80 pulley and all the supporting mods my cobra made 518rwhp.

With that combo I would definately run a heat exchanger and a bigger intercooler reservoir.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Jman said:
ok man, well i bought a cobra off a kid in pa, stock except for catback and h&r springs i've since added an intake, but i found a pic of my car when he had it stating mods 2.76 RR Upper, 4lb Metco Lower, H&R SS, AFS 18” 18x9/18x10.5 with 285/35 and 335/30. Steeda Triax, DynoJet Wideband, Autometer Boost, Water Temp and Fuel Pressure. Mac Prochamber and 2.5” catback. Predator Tuner. but it doesn't look like he switched the h/e, is this bad? i mean i got it pretty much stripped i guess, if i went back to that setup then it wouldn't be a good idea?

If nothing is wrong with it as of right now It probably didnt hurt anything with having those mods on it but I wouldnt reccomed any lower pulley without a ported blower... as far as heat exchanger goes I have a lfp one but got it anodized black to make it look stock :D and I like black better than silver anyways becuase I have a red cobra and thought silver would look gay... They only way you can tell mine isnt a stock heat exchanger is its wider and a little darker black

Jman

Established Member
yea. well how much is a port? and if your porting everything, shouldn't you port the heads if your gonna port the blower? i', looking to pick up a heat exchanger.... if i swap to a 2.80 do i need a new belt and a custom tune? i'm a newbie :shrug:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
for ported blower, throttle body and plenum its right at 700 bucks most people dont port the head but I guess it would be a good idea.... heat exchangers can range from about 150 to 350 I Think... and yes you will need a tune for any type of pulley swap to get the air fuel ratio right and get the most out of the pullley. you do not need a new belt however, you can just get idler pulleys and keep same belt.

Users who are viewing this thread