2.8 KB numbers on stock block

rueljr

Established Member
I installed the 2.8 (non-H) KB on my car on Friday and had Scott (sambandit) from Mile Hi Dyno tune it yesterday. The results were 627 HP and 591 TQ SAE. This is on a stock block with stock exhaust manifolds and H pipe. The KB has a 3" pulley with the stock lower. Boost starts at 18 and increases to 21 by redline. Scott did an absolutely fantastic job on the tune. The A/F is flat between 11.8 - 12.0 and drops to 11.5 above 6K with 20 degrees of timing. We can get away with running a little more timing at this altitude. Thanks, Scott.
I was at 507 HP on an old Apten ported Heaton with a 2.8 pulley. So, I picked up 120 HP and about 100 ft/LBS of torque.
Boy, can you feel the difference.
Yea haaaaaa!!!

WDW MKR

Established Member
Great results! Was this on pump fuel? If so, are you not a little concerned about 21psig and 20*, even at altitude?

rueljr

Established Member
This was on 91 octane. No, I'm not concerned at all about the timing and boost level. Scott (sambandit) is one of the very best tuners in the country with extensive experience tuning these cars at this altitude. If he is comfortable with the tune then so am I.

s/c stang

Established Member
515hpsnk said:
Not impressed at all again. 21lbs pretty risky at that octane level
well considering its not the H type, those are some impressive numbers for so little mods..good numbers man get some l/t's and make some more power..

WDW MKR

Established Member
515hpsnk said:

Perhaps you should consider if what you have to say adds anything befefial to the conversation before clicking the "Post Reply" button.

515hpsnk

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Perhaps you should consider if what you have to say adds anything befefial to the conversation before clicking the "Post Reply" button.

You should practice your spelling first before you can post

WDW MKR

Established Member
The same could be said for your grammar. My point was still clear despite the single incorrect key stroke.

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
515hpsnk said:
Dude, if you dont have anything good to say just dont say it...its pretty easy

Users who are viewing this thread