2.8 KB's Quiet????????

vetth8tr

Established Member
I just got my 2.8 put on and I can't hear the SOB...............are they all that quiet or is it just mine? I love the power but miss the 2.2 scream.

Just curious if that is normal

Last edited:

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
03SonicCobra said:
just order mine yesterday, waiting for it, i hope it's going to be LOUD....
Who did you order it through,What comes w/the kit and how much did you pay? Im trying to decide between KB or Whipple.:shrug:

03kbredfire

Established Member
Wow. I've been hearing the same thing over and over. People are really upseet that the blower whine is gone. So what. It is a sign of greater efficiency. I have no problems with being able to hear my motor. I am looking foward to less screaming sounding as I stomp on it. I in fact love the idea that the blower whine is gone. Put on an aggressive exhaust if you have not already and enjoy the sound of the engine roaring.

03CobraBoy

Kiss my ass
Established Member
Sold my Whipple 2.3 & bought a KB 2.8H. I thought it was going to scream like the 2.2's I have heard. Well.......nope. Kind of whistles at idle which is cool I think. But no loud scream for me either. Even at WOT. I remember an Orange colored GT500 video getting dynoed with a 2.8 on it and that sob screamed like crazy.

I guess its not that important in reality but going from a ported eaton to the Whipple I missed the scream. Thought I was going to get it back with the big daddy KB.

I guess I could just floor it and smack the living shit out of my wife. Probably wouldnt be the same though.

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
LOL smacking the wife.. Hmm you may be on to something however could end up being expensive in the end.. LOL

03SonicCobra

Got NX?
Established Member
Knoxville COBRA said:
Who did you order it through,What comes w/the kit and how much did you pay? Im trying to decide between KB or Whipple.:shrug:

I order my 2.8H through KB direct, $3649 w/o BAP and w/o switch chip + 349 for the Big Oval TB.

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
Cool...Is that big oval t/b made by accufab? I have an accufab on my car now and i was hoping i could use that when it comes time to purchase the 2.8

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
I have a 2.6 blower, it is REALLY quiet when I first installed it, when I had about 10k miles on it, it started to louden up. but only under boost. if you change the pully upper and/or lower it will get louder as well. I was displeased with the sound of the blower when I put it on...but now I am happy with it

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
03kbredfire said:
Wow. I've been hearing the same thing over and over. People are really upseet that the blower whine is gone. So what. It is a sign of greater efficiency. I have no problems with being able to hear my motor. I am looking foward to less screaming sounding as I stomp on it. I in fact love the idea that the blower whine is gone. Put on an aggressive exhaust if you have not already and enjoy the sound of the engine roaring.
The whine is there when the car is coming after you. Just not to the degree of the 2.2. You can still hear it in the cabin.
Jeff

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
03CobraBoy said:
Sold my Whipple 2.3 & bought a KB 2.8H. I thought it was going to scream like the 2.2's I have heard. Well.......nope. Kind of whistles at idle which is cool I think. But no loud scream for me either. Even at WOT. I remember an Orange colored GT500 video getting dynoed with a 2.8 on it and that sob screamed like crazy.

I guess its not that important in reality but going from a ported eaton to the Whipple I missed the scream. Thought I was going to get it back with the big daddy KB.

I guess I could just floor it and smack the living shit out of my wife. Probably wouldnt be the same though.
I think my pullied Eaton was as loud as a 2.2 KB. Spinning that sucker x2 the engine speed.
Jeff

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
CPViolation said:
Are you the retard running away in your avatar?
You want HP or noise?
The 2.6 and 2.8 still whine just fine for me.
Jeff

Personally, I would prefer the blower to be as quiet as possible... It's much sneakier that way. :D

GodStang

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
Personally, I would prefer the blower to be as quiet as possible... It's much sneakier that way. :D

I hear ya. I wasted a 03 Vert the other night and I am sure he was surprised as hell when he heard nothing from me. I could hear his eaton all day.

Users who are viewing this thread