2.8 Mammouth vs non mammouth on 03 Cobra

stop2go41

Established Member
I have the chance to pick up a mammouth for my 2.8, two questions.

1. What is a good deal on a used mammouth intake?
2. What kind of numbers does a mammouth produce on 93 Octane ( I currently have around 640rwhp).

I am very happy with the current power level but if it makes a big difference and I can get a deal...

All input is appreciated as this forum is a wealth of knowledge, I am hoping someone has made this swap and has some before and after numbers.

canadianbullitt

Established Member
Doesnt the mammoth have a driver side intake while the non mammoth has a passenger side intake?
Figured it would be different blower all togeher.

Quick Strike

Established Member
Kenne Bell testing showed the Mammoth improved the HP by 50 over the single blade at 1000 FWHP on on an 03 Cobra (from 1018 t0 1068). They have a lot of tech info at Kennebell.net . I think the intake will not be the primary limiting factor on 93 octane fuel as you would need more octane to run more boost, fuel and timing then you already are.

Last edited:

stop2go41

Established Member
i am thinking for pump gas it is not worth it just wanted input from guys running a mammouth on pump gas. I am only running 640 rwhp so not sure that the number would be similar at my power levels, I did see then Kenne Bell site but it did not have anything at my power level.

Users who are viewing this thread