2.9 and 3.4 whipple owners in here

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
question, I'm looking to run either a 2.9 or 3.4 since the price is almost the same. I have been told the 3.4 has to be removed to change plugs, is that correct? what about the 2.9? thanks

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
My car has a 3.4 standard inlet and I don't have to remove blower to change my plugs.....you are thinking about the 3.4 crusher to my understanding you do have to remove blower to change plugs but not with standard inlet. ..

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Crusher owner here...it's a pain in the ass. Remove TB and CAI to get to cover off easier.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Takes about 15 minutes to swap out the plugs on mine, and thats if you take your time. I have a non-crusher 2.9, only thing that has to be removed was the JLT intake tube to be able to get the coil covers off. After that it is a breeze with a long extension.

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
Takes about 15 minutes to swap out the plugs on mine, and thats if you take your time. I have a non-crusher 2.9, only thing that has to be removed was the JLT intake tube to be able to get the coil covers off. After that it is a breeze with a long extension.

nice numbers, how much boost and timing?

JustaGT5408

Established Member
nice numbers, how much boost and timing?

04sleeper tuned the car for E85 down in OK when forcefedcobra still owned it. Up here in Iowa we only get E70 unfortunately. At the time of the dyno pull it had pretty rich A/F's due to the fuel I have availible (11.1-11.3). I was logging 21-22psi with a 3" upper and 2lb lower at around 21 degrees timing if I remember correctly on a warmer summer day.

Here in a month or two I am going to put the 4lb lower on and get it re-tuned so its not as rich and see what the results are :rockon:

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
2.9 whipple standard inlet.

22lbs vp100 ( 96 octane )
710rwhp
650rwtq

also keep in mind my car is down 20hp 20tq from a lot of cobra's. You should easily see 730rwhp on that boost level with good fuel and 660-680rwtq. The 2.9 makes big numbers for its blower size. comparible to a 3.4. I think with good gas or e85 and running 25-27lbs on a 2.9 you will see some stupid numbers. Especially with e85. Plus its torquey lol. My car is more violent now than my 2.3 whipple running 23lbs on race gas.

The 3.4 crusher will show its best gains after 20lbs. If you plan on running high boost, race gas, e85 or built motor, I would go with the crusher 3.4. If not, the 2.9 standard inlet is bad ass. Not too big, not to small for a stock motor car. easy to change plugs and dont have to worry about the crank.

JrSVT

Established Member
I'm going to be getting my car tuned with the 3" pulley and figure that will be in the 22psi range. Going to be going with my tuner's suggestion for fuel so I don't know exactly what I'll be using. E85 is out of the question though. I will be storing my fuel in a 200 gallon outdoor fuel tank and since the car isn't a daily driver he advised against the E85 due to water absorbtion of that fuel when sitting for long periods of time.

I'd be super happy to see 700+ on my tired old setup with 98K on the ticker.

Jr.

1S1K

Wicked Slow
Established Member
2.9 crusher here. All I remove to change plugs is the CAI tube just like stock.

I'm in the middle of changing my plugs and installing ID1000's. Please tell me how exactly you can get to the passengers side for the plugs? Looks impossible!!!! lol

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I'm in the middle of changing my plugs and installing ID1000's. Please tell me how exactly you can get to the passengers side for the plugs? Looks impossible!!!! lol

Well injector swap is going to require removing the blower. Plugs you can change with it in place. Just different length socket extensions depending on the plug. I can't remember if you use a swivel on #4 or not. Really nothing special accessing them. I'm sure once you get in and try you'll get it.

1S1K

Wicked Slow
Established Member
When you pull the blower to do injectors just do the plugs then

Yeah that's what ill be doing. damn!! lol Still need to do all that and drop the tank to install the 465's. Hittin the dyno next Saturday. Hope its done by then.

Users who are viewing this thread