2.9 crusher, kooks LT's other misc

CobraKC

Established Member
Mm SS brake lines front and rear, new $190 shipped

iyk8ph.jpg

CobraKC

Established Member
Custom hydrodipped valve covers, never installed after getting dipped, coil covers not included
$450 shipped

33xioau.jpg

xbckmh.jpg

2hfrry9.jpg

Blueline

Established Member
Damn those cam covers are sweet! If mine weren't installed I would def. pick them up from you. GLWS

lucheski

Established Member
May be moving on all together. Gonna look for something that's already built.

After I sold my one owner fully built black convertible. I regretted it and within 3 months I bought another cobra that was "built". While I am sure there are many nicely built cars out there the experience has taught me the reason people start out stock. I have basically spent the last year and thousands going through this car and fixing stuff.

For example, the previous owner did not install the required shim in the transmission front cover required for the front bearing race. The bearing was not properly preloaded and granaded itself a few months after I bought the car. After I figured out what happend, it was only going to be a few hundred more for the tranny shop to fully build the T-56. The list goes on and on.

If I had to do it again, I would start out with more lightly modded car or just think of your purchase as a parts project car. You are essentially buying another man's project. I wish you good luck with your sale and search!

CobraKC

Established Member
After I sold my one owner fully built black convertible. I regretted it and within 3 months I bought another cobra that was "built". While I am sure there are many nicely built cars out there the experience has taught me the reason people start out stock. I have basically spent the last year and thousands going through this car and fixing stuff.

For example, the previous owner did not install the required shim in the transmission front cover required for the front bearing race. The bearing was not properly preloaded and granaded itself a few months after I bought the car. After I figured out what happend, it was only going to be a few hundred more for the tranny shop to fully build the T-56. The list goes on and on.

If I had to do it again, I would start out with more lightly modded car or just think of your purchase as a parts project car. You are essentially buying another man's project. I wish you good luck with your sale and search!

Yea I definitely don't want to get stuck with someone else's problems! I'm still in the air with what I want to do, anything is still possible lol. Appreciate the input bud. You have experienced what I would not want to happen

Users who are viewing this thread