2.9 E85 Whipple Cobra vs. Ported Heads/Cam C6 Z06

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
Got the cobra running on E85 earlier this summer and it has been a blast. We only have one gas station that carries it in CT and I have two 55 gallon drums that I store it in. It's not the easiest getting them filled up but it's definitely worth it.

Anyways, here's a video of my car vs a C6 Z06. I had some issues with my shifter that night so hitting 3rd took a bit longer than usual. Mods are below.

Cobra

- 2.9 whipple @ 22 psi
- Long tubes
- Cams
- E85

Vette

- Stock ported heads and cam
- Intake
- Full exhaust
- Tune

[youtube_browser]p2Rt6UIc8hg[/youtube_browser]

MTBSully

Established Member
So funny. I was watching "heads/cam c6 z06" videos sorted by "posted within the last month" on youtube last night and I watched this one haha.

Your car runs hard man! I also have a 55gal drum of the liquid gold in my garage and I love it!

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
So funny. I was watching "heads/cam c6 z06" videos sorted by "posted within the last month" on youtube last night and I watched this one haha.

Your car runs hard man! I also have a 55gal drum of the liquid gold in my garage and I love it!

Thanks man! Nothing better than the E85 :thumbsup:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice kill OP, your car is running strong. my buddy used to own a 03 cobra with A 2.9 whipple on E85, that thing was stupid fast, he should have never sold it.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Damn finally a well sorted out Cobra!! Great job!

Well driven** 90% of the time I see a cobra racing, they're either in the wrong gear, or are filing their taxes between shifts. Sometimes both lol.

Good kill man! Op, do you know Scott and rob, the brothers with the clean 3rd gens?

I need to get back down there and find some races!

Last edited:

whiplash306

Established Member
Dang, nice run! It was an close pull for a short second and then you just freight trained! VERY NICE! ....and my C6Z is set up just exactly like the one you ran, so I'm guessing you'd likely whoop my butt! Ha!

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
Thanks guys!

:beer:

good race. whos vette?

It's Ibrahims black vette.

Good run, car sounds mean as hell. Are you on the 3.25 pulley?

2 lb lower and a 3.0 upper

Well driven** 90% of the time I see a cobra racing, they're either in the wrong gear, or are filing their taxes between shifts. Sometimes both lol.

Good kill man! Op, do you know Scott and rob, the brothers with the clean 3rd gens?

I need to get back down there and find some races!

Yeah, good guys and both have some of the best looking 3rd gens I've seen around.

Nice, very nice. What kind of exhaust is on your car, OP?

Mac long tubes, off-road X and borla stingers

Users who are viewing this thread