2.9 Whipple and new Fuel Rails?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Who is running aftermarket rails on the 2.9? I think I read the Fore ones don't fit easily, but can't find anything with the Search. :shrug:

mullens

Established Member
Check out this thread. Aviator had a hell of a time making them fit on his 2010 2.9. Maybe your 2007 will be different.

[ame="http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5121"]Fuel Rails - Factory versus FORE - Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum[/ame]

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
It's not a PITA, but you just can't feed the rear of the passenger side rail when running those rails with the 2.9L. We have a kit available, so if you want to have them work, give us a call.

Thanks.

Is the Crossover run in front? Any pics of the setup? Thanks!

mullens

Established Member
That's what Aviator did. He also had to make some modifications to the fuel line where it feeds the rails.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Is the Crossover run in front? Any pics of the setup? Thanks!

We actually don't use a crossover when running the Fore rails with a 2.9L Whipple. Each rail is fed individually from the front. I don't have a picture of the kit installed but I believe I may have a picture of our return style fuel system installed which feeds the rails the same way. I'll check my office computer tomorrow.

Jared

Users who are viewing this thread