2.9 Whipple Cobra vs 2014 GTR

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
Your car is moving! :beer: Very close one. I like videos like that where the cars are evenly matched.

Thanks! Same here, I've had a lot of close races this summer and it has been a blast.

great vid/race, thanks for posting! I'm guessing you were at the top of 4th when you let off?

Yeah, I let off at the top of 4th. My intake temps start to approach 140 at that point so going into 5th is not a good idea.

good kill. Car sounds good

kinda sucks barely winning vs a bolt on car doesn't it?

GTR sounded good too :)

Thanks, it does but I'm sure the bolt ons for that car aren't cheap :-D

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
My car is identical except for the cams. Don't you hate how you can hardly hear the damn blower?
Good kill :thumbsup:

Holy crap, literally identical. I was running the same exact exhaust setup too but recently switched over to an x-pipe. Now I really can't hear the blower!

Shelbysteve

Established Member
[

It's crazy, those gtrs are nuts. We have a ton up here in Detroit, not many cars can beat them. What's crazy is this, they are heavy, v6 cars that really don't make a crazy power when comparing it to a bolt on 14 shelby. It takes a 800 whp shelby to run with a 650 whp GTR, I just don't get it. I know the trans has a lot to do with it, but Damn, these cars piss me off.

Last weekend, my buddy brought his out. It's a 13 with stock turbos, but every bolt on you can buy and install on stock motor. Car makes 653 on e85. From a 40 to 140 roll, he is 3-4 cars on my good friend 14 shelby that is making 755 on e 85.

Plain ans simple, these cars are nuts!!!

QUOTE=TClark22;14366183]good kill. Car sounds good

kinda sucks barely winning vs a bolt on car doesn't it?

GTR sounded good too :)[/QUOTE]

STCobra

STREDEYE
Established Member
I just traded my 2013 Shelby GT500 which I installed Van's Racing 13-6 kit for a new 2015 GTR. From a dig, this GTR is a rocket. Only at a drag strip would it be possibly close-possibly. I only have 480 miles but just the little I have taken off I am blown away. Now from a roll, my Shelby I think
would be a good race. I am so impressed with this GTR. There is only 1 thing that bothers the c**p outta me-the damn brakes. They squeal at times when I come to a complete stop. I have read up on it but it's the hi performance brakes. Normal people don't associate squeal with hi-performance-Ha!!
Nice run BTW!

Last edited:

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
You get this on a dyno yet?

Nope, been busy the past few weekends. With winter approaching now I may just wait until next spring, and by then I should be running E85 with more boost.

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
Thanks guys, here's a vid of the race from the side of the road. You can hear that 2.9 doing work :coolman:

[youtube_browser]Odspw4-INOo[/youtube_browser]

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I just traded my 2013 Shelby GT500 which I installed Van's Racing 13-6 kit for a new 2015 GTR. From a dig, this GTR is a rocket. Only at a drag strip would it be possibly close-possibly. I only have 480 miles but just the little I have taken off I am blown away. Now from a roll, my Shelby I think
would be a good race. I am so impressed with this GTR. There is only 1 thing that bothers the c**p outta me-the damn brakes. They squeal at times when I come to a complete stop. I have read up on it but it's the hi performance brakes. Normal people don't associate squeal with hi-performance-Ha!!
Nice run BTW!

Congrats. PM me and I can tell you more about brakes. Stock pads squeal. Make a few hard stops from 70mph to bed them. Will stop squeal for awhile. Then repeat. Change pads to get rid of squeal completely. Endless MX72 would be my suggestion. I run those and love em.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Congrats. PM me and I can tell you more about brakes. Stock pads squeal. Make a few hard stops from 70mph to bed them. Will stop squeal for awhile. Then repeat. Change pads to get rid of squeal completely. Endless MX72 would be my suggestion. I run those and love em.

+1. The brake squeal sucks. Mine have squealed since day one. Several hard stops and it goes away for a while.

kaz109

Established Member
Thanks! Same here, I've had a lot of close races this summer and it has been a blast.

Yeah, I let off at the top of 4th. My intake temps start to approach 140 at that point so going into 5th is not a good idea.

Thanks, it does but I'm sure the bolt ons for that car aren't cheap :-D

I fail to see the point in the price of his bolt ons in relation to the fact that it is just that..a very basic bolt on car. Also why not a dig run?

speeddemon2000

Established Member
Nice run!

That whipple has some whine to it!

How much boost would your current pulley setup make on a stock motor?

Also what are the specs on you cams? How much duration and lift are you running. Did you keep the overlap relatively low?

Users who are viewing this thread