return fuel system 80lb inj
ARH 1 3/4 long tubes with 3inch collectors
3 o/r x pipe and 3" bassani cb
4.10 rear gears
mcloed rxt twin w/26 spline input shaft

Dyno was a mustang dyno which is known for lower numbers

Crusher9008

Established Member
Geez those numbers seem low... i hope mine puts down a little better in 100 oct race gas

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Yeah I was sorta thinking that same thing about the #s. I'm doing my 2.9L install right now on a stock long block with stock exhaust manifolds, a return fuel system, and methanol and my goal was to make 650 rwhp. With the mods you have I would have thought you would be closer to 700.

can04cobra

Established Member
Yeah I was sorta thinking that same thing about the #s. I'm doing my 2.9L install right now on a stock long block with stock exhaust manifolds, a return fuel system, and methanol and my goal was to make 650 rwhp. With the mods you have I would have thought you would be closer to 700.

On a dyno jet it would make 700 or very close to it. I will be putting the car on a dyno jet when I get some time to do a couple pulls for comparison but the guy I use up here for tuning has a mustang dyno. I will definately post the difference once I get the numbers:beer:

Last edited:

can04cobra

Established Member
for comparison on a stock block, stock heads, stock manifolds, o/r x and bassani 2.5 cb the car put down 535 hp and I believe it was 460ft lbs same dyno

that was with the 2.9 whipple and a 3.5" pulley and it made 18psi of boost

jmstekguy

Established Member
numbers are fairly soft, i have a couple of customers whipple 2.9 cars making 600rwhp on a very very soft pump gas tune up 11.7 afr and 17 degrees, and its a completely stock engine with only a intake, mid length headers and 2.5" cat back...these are also non cooled down or iced numbers and on a mustang dyno

can04cobra

Established Member
numbers are fairly soft, i have a couple of customers whipple 2.9 cars making 600rwhp on a very very soft pump gas tune up 11.7 afr and 17 degrees, and its a completely stock engine with only a intake, mid length headers and 2.5" cat back...these are also non cooled down or iced numbers and on a mustang dyno

wouldn't the difference in our elevations play a part in this as well???
3500ft compared to sea level

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
for comparison on a stock block, stock heads, stock manifolds, o/r x and bassani 2.5 cb the car put down 535 hp and I believe it was 460ft lbs same dyno

that was with the 2.9 whipple and a 3.5" pulley and it made 18psi of boost

Damn man... My steig ported Eaton made close to that with 15psi... On a mustang dyno. Sorry I'm not trying to be a negative asshole, I'm just hoping I didn't spend almost $6000 to only make mid 500s

Last edited:

jmstekguy

Established Member
wouldn't the difference in our elevations play a part in this as well???
3500ft compared to sea level

but of course, but still seems low for that combo, oh well if afrs are good and timing is spot on, then who gives a shit about the numbers, take it to the track at see what the trap speed is for the weight...that wont lie

Crusher9008

Established Member
I believe the elivation will have a part to play as well. you are getting 19lbs on a 3.1 pully. I'm running a 3.5 upper with stock lower and i should see 19-20lbs on stock folds all day. We shall see. I have to get my blower back from whipple as my brand new 2.9 had bad rear bearings from Whipple and its currently in transit back to fresno CA. I'm gonna be running 100oct race gas so i'm hoping for a little higher numbers than what your running. (650/600)

can04cobra

Established Member
I believe the elivation will have a part to play as well. you are getting 19lbs on a 3.1 pully. I'm running a 3.5 upper with stock lower and i should see 19-20lbs on stock folds all day. We shall see. I have to get my blower back from whipple as my brand new 2.9 had bad rear bearings from Whipple and its currently in transit back to fresno CA. I'm gonna be running 100oct race gas so i'm hoping for a little higher numbers than what your running. (650/600)

you boost guess for that combo seem good I seen 18psi @ 3500ft with the same setup.

Does anyone know if having gears affects dyno #'s??? I've heard that they do, Not that I really care the car pulls like a mofo and I'm happy just curious if 3.55 gears would dyno higher then the 4.10s I have. I know not to many people would be willing to dyno 3.55's then swap to 4.10s and re dyno just to see but who knows,

Users who are viewing this thread