2.90 pulley today, and wow!

n0xlf

Established Member
I know it has been said here before, but just got my 2.90 pulley on today, and oh my god...My car has a whole new life to it...I just drove home and have only tried a first gear rolling start thus far, but the burnt rubber on my car told the story...When it finally hooked up, it was like a rocket...Impressive for being at around 6,000 feet...I can't even imagine what it is like for you sea level people...

Pulley and puller were from Johnny Lightning and are very well constructed...Only complaint I had was that the back of the puller sat a hair too low and shaved off some parts of the ribs on the snout when it tried to turn...Had I been a little more careful from the start and braced it from turning, I probably could have avoided this, but maybe not since the tolerance was so close...

Everyone else's pulley line up about the same as mine with the shaft? The think the factory one was about 1/16" more back, and I didn't think at the time to add more washers to the bolt I was using to get it on farther (the supplied bolt/washer bottomed out at the end of the shaft at the shown distance)...

Other mods so far are UPR CAI, Bassani catback, and MM subframes...

Users who are viewing this thread