2.93 and finished clutch

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
hey guys, I got my SFPH 2.93" installed this morning. Let me just say the grooved pulley sounds amazing with a Gatorback.

So I take the car on the highway, punch it in 4th. I get alot of noise, but no go. I'm thinking clutch. 14000km and my clutch seems to be dead..:cuss:

I have a Steeda quadrant and adjuster. If I play with it could I solve my problem. Right now, it grabs really high on the pedal. I should turn it clockwise to get it to grab closer to the floor?

I guess my other option is to get a Centerforce and a 26 spline IS.

I'm open to any options guys. Thanks

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
turn your adjuster in some and see if that helps..if its out to far it will slip

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
thanks broke, I remember you having the same problem and showed good results. Just couldn't find the thread.
How close to the floor should my clutch grab?

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Just do it to suit your taste. I would give it at least one full turn, just mess with it some, not like its hard.

Im not sure how far I turned mine.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
You should not adjust it based on how far from the floor the clutch grabs, but rather how much free play is at the top of the pedal. You want the TOB just off the fingers of the clutch. It normally translates to about a half inch or so of free play at the top of the pedal.

Dana

Users who are viewing this thread