2.93 PULLEY ?????????

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
Will this pulley or any other aftermarket size pulley give worse gas mileage?........the s/c will spin faster all the time so will gas mileage suffer?............curious.......any help is welcome.:thumbsup:

Orange Poison

Established Member
Mine's not pullied...but I would think you'd get worse gas mileage because of the added fuel you need because of added boost....others will chime in to confirm.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Your right foot is the only thing that will hurt your gas mileage. I get great hwy MPG, and crappy city mpg due to my need for boost in stop and go city driving ;-)

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
I only average about 220miles per tank around town with my 2.93 pulley... I am not sure if thats good or not?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Originally posted by o3SnakeBite
I only average about 220miles per tank around town with my 2.93 pulley... I am not sure if thats good or not?

Thats friggin great!!! I can usually hit 180 in town. Damn my right foot!

SVT4ME

Established Member
Unless you have the by-pass mod done your s/c is not always creating boost.

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
I've driven forced induction vehicles daily for over a decade, and I think I can answer some of your questions:

1) All else being equal, spinning the blower at a higher rpm requires more work. The tiny increase in fuel consumption can be measured in a lab enviornment, and will not have any noticeable impact in real world mpg. Again, all else being equal.

2) The 2.93 allows you to go faster and consume fuel faster. If you drive like an old fart, your mileage probably won't change. If you drive "enthusiastically", then yes, your mileage will likely suffer. As said above, the main factor in determining mpg is your right foot.

Hope this helps!

Russ

Last edited:

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys. I guess this old fart's gas mileage will not change........woohoo.....2.93... here i come......lol.........enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread