2.93 VS 3.10 pulley

cubes

Established Member
Which is better and why? It seems like 2.93 has some advantages over 3.10. It makes more boost. Because it is popular, there has been extra testing and tuning by all the chip tuners.

The only advantage I have seen given for a 3.10 was better boost throughout the range. The reason was a better belt wrap with less slip.

I don't understand the belt slip / wrap issue. 2.93 doesn't slip on the Lightnings why is it an issue on the Cobras?

Last edited:

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Originally posted by cubes

I don't understand the belt slip / wrap issue. 2.93 doesn't slip on the Lightnings why is it an issue on the Cobras?
Because the Cobra's redline is 1250 rpm HIGHER than the Lightnings. If the Lightning revved to 6500rpm it wouldn't come with the 2.93 pulley either.

coleman

Established Member
so, what lower with stock upper would result in the same boost overall at stock lower and 2.80" upper?

i'm just too used to the 2.80" boost :)

and why are lowers like 150 or 425? i'm not going to be swapping them (hopefully ever) bar warranty trips :)

i should get the 6 lb lower and replace the stock upper, right?

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
I have the 3.1 Pulley with a very safe tune. I'm putting 446 RWHP 453 RWTQ. No belt slipage, and I'm not over spinng the blower. I have to say that, I'd love to see what a 2.8 pulley would have given me! But I'm not worried about the car breaking.

Tim

Kal

Established Member
lr 01 cobra , What size belt did you use with the 3.10 Pulley?

Users who are viewing this thread