2.9L Whipple for 03/04 Cobra?

jt239

Established Member
So does anybody know if they will be making one for us? I know they have been released for the GT500's but how about the Terminators? I have read some posts saying Whipple said no at first and now some more reciently where people are saying they are being tested now.

Anybody know for sure?

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
There is a definite "hole" in the lineup for some folks. Many want 650+ without having to max out a 2.3 that they just bought and yet don't want to a) cut their hood, b) run spacers, c) run another hood, d) remove their lower w/cage bring boost down. I ran a 2.3 @ 24lbs and the cruising spread between IAT1 & IAT2 wasn't too pretty. I don't want to run 24+lbs. It's too much heat on a 2.3 and too much power on a 3.4 (a guy with full exhaust made 770+ with a Gen. 2 - 3.4 with a stock (non-Crusher) inlet @ 24-25lbs, by using the stock, 3.5 upper.

I would be willing to make a deposit for a 2.9 Crusher kit for an 03-04'.

My $.04

($.02 above and now $.02 more here!)

jt239

Established Member
I have been putting money away for a Whipple (and supporting mods) so I would also be down for a deposit on a 2.9L for what its worth. Is there some secretive testing going on or what? lol

Users who are viewing this thread