2 foreigners in the same day

Rings

Established Member
I just dropped my son off with his momma so I could "run some errands", heading down the road I see a "sportbike" turning the direction I'm heading. (Sportbike is in parentheses for a reason here) Light turns green and I scoot west bound to catch said bike, I enjoy bikes as much as cars. As I pull close I see its a late model Suzuki Katana 750(not known for speed demon actions) with what appears a fairly new rider(scared of turns, but pins the straights). We get to the next light and both indicate turning the same direction(OOH WAH!) I want to see how the car handles said bike...

We turn, and I wait and wait... finally he catches me and flogs that little machine. I then let my beast rumble, while shifting into 2nd I'm pulling his front tire, third I gain a couple cars, fourth I've sustained 3 cars and he's still giving it hell! I then grab fifth and let off, this youngster rolls up next to me with a grin the size of Texas under his helmet. We roll side by side for a bit then he moves into the next left turn lane still with his smile and gives me a nod, I return with thumbs up and a grin of my own.

Quality or not, I'm claiming it as a win...we both left with a smile and I was surprised I could pull 'that bike' that well.

Same night about 10 hours later, a friend and I decide to line em up...
ME: basically stock Cobra
HIM: highly modded 2006 Evo IX 465hp 91oct 5xx e85(he was on 91oct)

We've been talking shit back and forth for the last month and half...

We line up at a 20mph roll, he calls it and BAM we're off...I grab second and just YANK him, push into third and hes slightly gaining, grab fourth and Its clear I won. :rockon:

He pulls up and bitches about turbo lag and we laugh...round two

This time both in second gear(not sure of speed) he calls it again and gets the jump, Im at his rear wheel. He grabs third and I stay, I grab third and slightly gain(like a foot), he grabs fourth again not much change, as I top third and grab fourth Im pulling hard...he won round two :cuss:Best two out of three?? YES sir!

Last race: same scenario both in 2nd...he calls it and I got the jump this time, but that all wheel drive and turbo and climbing my ass! Shift for third and hes slightly ahead but were getting closer to civilization so we kill it...we agreed on a draw and a "True Rematch" to be continued...

kaz109

Established Member
knowing what both cars are capable of I have a hard time believing a stock (for the most part) termi keeping up with a highly modded Evo IX

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
By "stock" I'm guess OP means full bolt on since he has a 2.76 pulley listed. That means OP should be in the 450-470whp range - so about the same assuming when he said the EVO was 465hp he meant whp. However, OP should have more torque, but not enough to make up for the weight advantage of the EVO. Perhaps the EVO was rolling with 3-4 people?

Rings

Established Member
By "stock" I'm guess OP means full bolt on since he has a 2.76 pulley listed. That means OP should be in the 450-470whp range - so about the same assuming when he said the EVO was 465hp he meant whp. However, OP should have more torque, but not enough to make up for the weight advantage of the EVO. Perhaps the EVO was rolling with 3-4 people?

So the pulley and CAI give that much hp?? SERIOUSLY?!?
Im still new to the game and don't know didly squat about the numbers(previous owner didn't know) or where they "should" be.

First race was bc I was in first and he lagged(pretty sure I mentioned that).
Second race he pulled, but I was SHOCKED how well the car kept up and gained ground on the big end.

Either way, it was FUN had by him and I with an option for more! If he completely kills me in the next set up, Ive already labeled my bike as my back up racer :)

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
So the pulley and CAI give that much hp?? SERIOUSLY?!?

See my signature - my car is your pretty standard full bolt-on, tuned Terminator. Did the previous owner of your car tell you it had been tuned and did a handheld tuner come with the car? If not, your playing with fire. a 2.76 is going to put you around 13, maybe 14 pounds of boost, stock is 7-8. Adding that much boost without a tune will damage your car. Last tip - unless you have cooling mods, avoid back to back hard pulls. You create a condition called heat soak. It's the trade off for making 14lbs with a blower meant to make 8.

Last edited:

Rings

Established Member
GOOD TIPS!! I will avoid the back to backs.

I do NOT know his mod list anymore, just what he told me 2 yrs ago when he bought it, been modified since some.

I have a diablo tuner with a "91" tune or so I've been told. I need to hook up with someone local to learn more ASAP!!
I appologize for my noob intel:/. I know more about bikes than cobras

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
Nice runs. Do you have exhaust on your car? Unless you have at minimum an x pipe with high flow cats you shouldn't see more than 430ish horsepower, the factory exhaust will hold back a pullied cars potential. As far as cooling mods are concerned, if your an upper only car, I would just make sure your intercooler pump is flowing regularly and properly. If it is, along with a good tune, you should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread