2 good articles in mm&ff on lightnings

SVTATL

Established Member
received mustangs and fast fords yesterday, and there are 2 good articles in it on lightnings. first one is mainly about superchips custom tuning. it shows a jdm tuned sct svt lightning that has run 10's with this software. it runs 10.70's and makes 673 hp and 762 lb-ft. of torque.

the 2nd article is about a guy named kyle tucker who was buffing out his 93 red cobra and 01 red lightning at cecil county dragway when they spotted him, and they ran his article about him. two awesome vehicles.the 93 cobra he purchased in 1998 had only 9,000 miles on it. the lightning has a nice custom flame paint job by lamperts auto body in media,pennsylvania, and mike hirsch of claymont,delaware.

also there are 3/4 pictures of lightnings at the baytown bonanza (fun ford weekend houston). great magazine.

I WISH WE HAD A MAGAZINE DEDICATED TO LIGHTNINGS AND HARLEYS.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
run 10.70s, and 673hp/762tq? im a newbie, but does that hp, seem too low to run 10s? if not, then i know what my goals are..

MORPHEUS

Burninating Competition
Established Member
Originally posted by NEEDa04L
run 10.70s, and 673hp/762tq? im a newbie, but does that hp, seem too low to run 10s? if not, then i know what my goals are..

Yes, that is enough power to run in the 10's. But power isn't everything , as seen with these trucks. You have to be able to put that to the ground.

Borderline

Established Member
Yes, that is enough power to run in the 10's. But power isn't everything , as seen with these trucks. You have to be able to put that to the ground.

Sooo So true. Its funny how a high 12 second truck runs high 13.7's when it has traction problems.

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
650 rwhp should put you in 10's with traction. Without traction you could possibly run stock times.... lol..

Users who are viewing this thread