2 GT500's available-Ordering right now

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
"twooooooooooooooooooo dolla.... I ghe you twoooooooooo dollar ova voice????"! :-D

that's my best chinese impression :lol:

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Hey guys... does this site allow non forum sponsor dealers to post cars for sale? I thought only private party's could do that... let's just delete this crap when they try to do post that shit...

To each and every one of you that pay 1 DIME over MSRP... Know... that you will now lose (at least) 20% of your MSRP and that 'Dime' within the first 2 years! (Let's refer to this post 2 years from release!) I'll be picking mine up for about $32,000 then w/ probably 5,000 miles on it!

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Dave Schotz said:
Hey guys... does this site allow non forum sponsor dealers to post cars for sale? I thought only private party's could do that... let's just delete this crap when they try to do post that shit...

Before you post this crap, read the thread and you'll understand a little more.

Since my opinion is confusing, I'll break it down a little.

IMO, currently with the markup, I think the car is overpriced. Eight months from now (when the "frenzy" dies down), the car will be priced reasonably. If Shelby dies, the car will have a significant value, IMO, way more than it is currently with the markup.

Either way, which has been mentioned already, a couple years from now with Shelby gone or not, their value will drop just like every other "specialty" car.

So,
Present....Overpriced.
Future, Shelby alive....reasonably priced.
Future, Shelby gone....Overpriced.
Distant future either way....reasonable again.

See my point on this one? This is purely my opinion, so take with a grain of salt.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
listen,some people are going to pay whatever it takes till the market adjusts. we had allocation for 6 and we were done in 30 minutes. the same b/s happened with the 03 cobra. it will end after some time as always.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
logan_yomtov said:
holy shit. I sold cars for 3 years, you have no idea how many times i had to hear that.

18 yrs here and i still hear it :lol1:

GTWill

Established Member
19COBRA93 said:

IMO, currently with the markup, I think the car is overpriced. Eight months from now (when the "frenzy" dies down), the car will be priced reasonably. If Shelby dies, the car will have a significant value, IMO, way more than it is currently with the markup.

Either way, which has been mentioned already, a couple years from now with Shelby gone or not, their value will drop just like every other "specialty" car.

So,
Present....Overpriced.

See my point on this one? This is purely my opinion, so take with a grain of salt.
Do you have any idea how retarded this sounds?

bluestreak89

Established Member
19COBRA93 said:

So,
Present....Overpriced.

If shelby dies and there are already 20-40k of these cars on the road they wont have that much value added. Real value doesnt come until after someone has been dead for a long time unless you are dealing with a very limited number of cars like a couple hundred. Exclusivity is what determines value and with tens of thousands of cars out there the gt500 wont be jumping up no matter what happens to shelby. Also I'm sure if Ford can sell them even after he is dead then they will even if it has another name but same specs, so dont think Ford is that stupid to put one of their top dogs in anyone elses hands. At no point in the near future should the car be sold for 10-15k markup (almost 40%). That is unheard of for a car this inexpensive. The Z06 was the next closest thing but the Z has set all kinds of new benchmarks outperforming almost every supercar out there and the mustang WILL NOT do that. Its just too heavy!!!!!

Now if shelby dies before they hit the streets then you can expect them to rise to 70-80-90-100k. We may need to get police protect for him because I bet some of these dealers know that too and might try to get him :bash:

Last edited:

mondo540

Established Member
bbp42d said:
listen,some people are going to pay whatever it takes till the market adjusts. we had allocation for 6 and we were done in 30 minutes. the same b/s happened with the 03 cobra. it will end after some time as always.

Agree totally...don't know why people get all worked up over this...drive your current Cobra and enjoy the fact that down the road, when gas is over 3.00 a gallon and the Camaro and Challenger are the new toys du jour, you will find good deals all over the place....and, not everyone would do this but my guess is a lot would - if you had an "avg" income and got one at sticker, my bet is that car ends up on ebay soon thereafter marked up for the guys still willing to have one at all costs. Same thing the dealers do...

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
19COBRA93... Since you edited your original post... which I'm glad you did... because at least hopefully you can get a grasp on EVERYONE felt what you were doing... was just a typical LOW LIFE DEALER/SALESPERSON tactics... that of course... none of us witness from your likes before! :rolleyes:

Posting 'GT500 CARS FOUND... AT ABOVE MSRP'... is NOTHING DIFFERENT than ANY OF US can find... AND NO ONE REALLY CARES WHICH DEALERSHIP HAS THEM FOR A 'MARK-UP'... :fm:

When you find... 2 GT 500's UN SPOKEN FOR... on a LOT... for MSRP... please be the first to let us know! :burnout:

bluestreak89

Established Member
Dave Schotz said:
19COBRA93... Since you edited your original post... which I'm glad you did... because at least hopefully you can get a grasp on EVERYONE felt what you were doing... was just a typical LOW LIFE DEALER/SALESPERSON tactics... that of course... none of us witness from your likes before! :rolleyes:

Posting 'GT500 CARS FOUND... AT ABOVE MSRP'... is NOTHING DIFFERENT than ANY OF US can find... AND NO ONE REALLY CARES WHICH DEALERSHIP HAS THEM FOR A 'MARK-UP'... :fm:

When you find... 2 GT 500's UN SPOKEN FOR... on a LOT... for MSRP... please be the first to let us know! :burnout:

what he said

And what is funny is that the same thing happened in the corvette forujms about the new Z06 these so called innocent bystanders who may or may have been there for a while posting about "2 NEW Z06's AVAILABLE" and when you click on the thread it says 87k or 90k. However I have been sitting at salesmans desk before and am well awars that there are plenty of them who frequent forums like these they might not fess up but they are here and probably the ones trying to help sell the car so they can get a cut out of your wallett

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
First, I work in parts, not sales. Second, I don't even work at that dealer. Third, while you don't agree with the markup, the fact is, there ARE people willing to pay whatever it takes to get one now, not 8 months or a year from now. Right now, there are hundreds (if not more) of people willing to pay any asking price to get their hands on some of the first ones. The same thing happened in '02 with the '03's and it's happening again. Why you guys are so upset over it is beyond me. If you're not willing to pay, that's fine you don't have to, and don't let it bother you a bit, because there are people out there who are more than happy to cough up the extra dough.

It was simply a heads up to anyone INTERESTED. Nothing more. I understand from your point of view what it may look like I'm trying to do, but I've explained my intentions several times. There's nothing more to it than that.

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
If shelby dies and there are already 20-40k of these cars on the road they wont have that much value added. Real value doesnt come until after someone has been dead for a long time unless you are dealing with a very limited number of cars like a couple hundred. Exclusivity is what determines value and with tens of thousands of cars out there the gt500 wont be jumping up no matter what happens to shelby. Also I'm sure if Ford can sell them even after he is dead then they will even if it has another name but same specs, so dont think Ford is that stupid to put one of their top dogs in anyone elses hands. At no point in the near future should the car be sold for 10-15k markup (almost 40%). That is unheard of for a car this inexpensive. The Z06 was the next closest thing but the Z has set all kinds of new benchmarks outperforming almost every supercar out there and the mustang WILL NOT do that. Its just too heavy!!!!!

Now if shelby dies before they hit the streets then you can expect them to rise to 70-80-90-100k. We may need to get police protect for him because I bet some of these dealers know that too and might try to get him :bash:

The most gt500's you will ever see is 20k and quit using the fact that the shelby is too heavy because guess what, weight is relative. I guess the Ferrari 550 marenello cant perform either because omg it weighs even more then the gt500.
The new z06 performs greatly not just because of its weight. There are plenty of cars at that weight or even lighter that come no where close to the z06's performance.

bluestreak89

Established Member
chuckstang said:
The most gt500's you will ever see is 20k and quit using the fact that the shelby is too heavy because guess what, weight is relative. I guess the Ferrari 550 marenello cant perform either because omg it weighs even more then the gt500.
The new z06 performs greatly not just because of its weight. There are plenty of cars at that weight or even lighter that come no where close to the z06's performance.

My saying it is too heavy meant relative to competing with the Z06 which is what the topic was about. If you have to pay the same amount people would buy the Z. PERIOD. And the fact is that if the car was even 3300 lbs it would be considered more of a challenge to the new Z. So the fact is that the damn car IS TO HEAVY TO COMPETE WITH THE Z06!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah weight is relative bu you are putting yourself in a huge hole with less power 475 until proven otherwise and more weight. Power to weight ratio has always remained king so you stop acting like the shit dont matter because it does.

I love the stang and would own one in a hurry if i had room in the garage but I damn sure wouldnt buy one for 10-15k markup. I have almost 60k in my 2001 coupe that I bought in october and guess why, because of those same stupid markups on the new Z. Personally the new shelby is not worth that much when you can buy the normal GT add eveything they did and be under that price. Which is what I would rather do.

And the other guy I was not implying that you are one of these guys that work at the dealership. You asked for this A$$ chewing when you posted what you did in here. Hell you might have even gotten a pm and found someone that may buy the car for all I know and if you do nice work. But the vast majority of people hate getting taking advantage of even if they can pay cash for the car, which I can. I'm not pissed at you but the stinkin dealerships and their ploys.

Last edited:

mrGT

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
I love the stang and would own one in a hurry if i had room in the garage but I damn sure wouldnt buy one for 10-15k markup. I have almost 60k in my 2001 coupe that I bought in october and guess why, because of those same stupid markups on the new Z. Personally the new shelby is not worth that much when you can buy the normal GT add eveything they did and be under that price. Which is what I would rather do.
Wow! 60K in a 2001 coupe (I'm assuming it was at least a Cobra) bought in 2005...You must have a screamer. If you don't mind me asking a couple of questions, what did you do to the car to get to that number? I can see that you must have money with a vette and m5 in the garage, too....but do you think you'll ever be able to get your money back out of it? Or do you even want to?

I assume when you say you could mod out a GT to equal a GT500, you're talking about adding in a 10-15 markup into the mix...because if you're not, I'd have to see someone do it at GT500 MSRP numbers.

bluestreak89

Established Member
sorry i didny clarify i meant my vette coupe

26k car
23k 427 heads cams c5r
12 twin turbos

i was talking about the cost vs markup too

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread