2# pulley installed and datalogged

03stx

Established Member
I put on my 2# pulley and was datalogging with my predator last night. My truck is a '99 with the stock 80mm maf. It was about 60-64 degrees last night. With the stock tune the MAF V was at about 4.4v, but when I installed the non-pulley canned tune the MAF V read 4.77v. I went ahead and retuned with the stock tune. Should I be worried with it hitting 4.77v? should i get a 90mm maf?

I also am dealing with what seems to be a slight miss on cruising and light acceleration between 35-60. The truck just seems to run a tad rough. But it seemed fine WOT.

03stx

Established Member
so should I be worried with the 4.77v? I am gonna start pulling the COP's, because I think i have one that is going bad causing the miss or roughness.

boost00

Established Member
i have a 4lb lower and i just installed a canned tune on my truck and i have the same missing at the same speed as you! trying to figure out y

bmfgsxr

Established Member
id get a maf extender for peace of mind for sure.. i wonder if that miss is spark plug related.

and to the guy who just installed the #4 what did you gap your plugs at?

03stx

Established Member
well I just talked to my buddy that helped me install the plugs, ( he gapped them while I was removing the coilpacks) He said they were at .041 and he left them. SO is .041 too wide for a 2# pulley?

bmfgsxr

Established Member
im not sure if that is too much for a #2.. i know for my #4 it is recommended to gap them between .036 and .038.. i went with .038 and my truck runs pretty darn good.

03stx

Established Member
what is the stock gap? because this seems to happen when I'm not in boost. so I don't think it is the pulley.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
the stock gap should be listed on a sticker on the radiator shroud if im not mistaken.. but i think its something like .046 (but i could be crazy).. i think the more boost your pushing the less gap you want so you dont blow out the spark (again, i might be crazy).

03stx

Established Member
i dunno what the deal is then. I guess I just have to start pulling COP's and seeing if anything is messed up. I was also told it is the predator. but it still does it when I reinstall the stock tune.

Users who are viewing this thread