2 simple tech questions...

Adam03GT

Established Member
My car is throwing the SES light and the check fuel cap code...

First the SES light came. I had the code ran and although i do not remember the exact code i know it was for an improperly working EGR.

How could i address this problem?

Now the check fuel cap code... I have never forgotten to properly replace/tighten my fuel cap. I have reset the code several times and it continues to come back. About a week ago i replaced the fuel cap with a new one from Auto-zone which did not resolve the problem.

Where should my next step be on this?

Thanks in advance..

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Kinda need to know the exact code for hte EGR. could be a few things.

As for the cap?.....get a factory one then reset the computer.

Adam03GT

Established Member
PonyGT i have done that exact thing several times with the cap with no result.

Ok, we are burried in swow right now but i will get that code asap. Something i noticed though, my front passenger side sensor on my exhaust looks like it had been chewed mosly through (this car had been sitting for awile). Could this have anything to do with my EGR code?

Sorry i didnt specify before. The car is an 03 Mach with 29k miles. I keep having odd problems like this pop up.....

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Pull the negative battery cable off the battery and let it sit like that for 10 minuntes or so then hook it back up and see if your fuel cap code went away

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
PonyGT i have done that exact thing several times with the cap with no result.

Ok, we are burried in swow right now but i will get that code asap. Something i noticed though, my front passenger side sensor on my exhaust looks like it had been chewed mosly through (this car had been sitting for awile). Could this have anything to do with my EGR code?

Sorry i didnt specify before. The car is an 03 Mach with 29k miles. I keep having odd problems like this pop up.....

SOrry, I was confused. At first you said autozone cap and not a factory cap. When it comes to getting a good seal I personally prefer factory replacements on things like that (over a/m).

Yes, that chewed up O2 wire could be your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread