2 step for 96-98 Cobra?

dilireus

Established Member
Anyone know a 2 step rev limiter that will work with our cars? Summit advertises the MSD 8734 for 96 and up mod motors, but MSD says "For use on Coil-on-Plug systems only" on their web site. I can't find installation instructions for this anywhere. Is anyone running a 2 step?

dilireus

Established Member
In case anyone is interested, the MSD 8734 2-step will not work with the 96-98 ignition. I called MSD this afternoon and they confirmed it.

98cobradan

Established Member
So... what exactly is a 2 step?

its a pre-determined rpm launch point. so when ur at the lights staging up ur dont have to feather the gas to rev up and tryin feather the gas at the certain rpm u want to launch at. Instead what the 2-step allows u to do is, hold the gas down all the way and the motor will only rev up to the pre-set rpm on the 2-step , so if u wanna launch at 3k, u can hold the pedal down all the way, and it wont go past 3k

dilireus

Established Member
its a pre-determined rpm launch point. so when ur at the lights staging up ur dont have to feather the gas to rev up and tryin feather the gas at the certain rpm u want to launch at. Instead what the 2-step allows u to do is, hold the gas down all the way and the motor will only rev up to the pre-set rpm on the 2-step , so if u wanna launch at 3k, u can hold the pedal down all the way, and it wont go past 3k

Exactly, but that's just one of the two steps in a 2-step rev limiter. The other is to provide a rev limiter for normal driving conditions. In a forced induction application, it's a really bad idea to use a fuel-based rev limiter, which is what we have from the factory. A 3-step provides an additional rev limiter that many people use to limit engine speed during burnouts.

lowone06

tanked up
Established Member
i have had my dis 4 for 3 years now with no problems but i might have just got a good one i dont know

Users who are viewing this thread