2 step

Cameron57

Established Member
Who is running a two step on there Shelby? And what are your thoughts on having one?

-Cameron

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
I am. Love it! I'm running the MSD but I think the N2MB is probably a better all around setup.

Cameron57

Established Member
My car is kind of a street brawler and everyone always wants to do a dig so I am thinking this will be fun to see what everyone does when I launch it. Is it hard to setup I am probably getting a msd one what is the other one you said? Link plz?!?

-Cameron

scmustangs

Established Member
Installed the MSD 2 step on my car about a month ago. Takes no time at all to install. Grounded through the clutch switch. Haven't had a chance to use it at the track, Quade what rpm are you leaving at?

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Installed the MSD 2 step on my car about a month ago. Takes no time at all to install. Grounded through the clutch switch. Haven't had a chance to use it at the track, Quade what rpm are you leaving at?

If I am running my race tune I launch at 3400 rpm and if I'm running my street tune, it's either 3600 or 3800 depending on track conditions. These are my 3 magic numbers for 1.40-1.50 60' times. Your right about the install. I've installed both setups and the MSD is, BY FAR, the easiest. I ran a little micro snap switch to mine to be able to get a little pressure om the clutch before it engages. Doesn't shock the system at all.

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
I have used the MSD and the N2MB at the track. The MSD is definitly easier to install but the no-lift shift feature of the N2MB unit is worth the extra hassel. The key to properly using the N2MB is programming your launch RPM off of the TPS signal so you don't have to launch with the throttle matted to the floor. I have over 100 passes on each unit......both have performed perfectly each time......if you don't mind cutting and soldering your factory wires go for the N2MB....otherwise the plug and play MSD will work fine.

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
I use the one in on the sct programer. It works fine for me. No need in having one for the street unless you just trying to show it off or something. Not thinking your going to hook on a 2 step on the street unless the street is prepped or something.

BigDan

Established Member
I use to have the n2nb and it would like to activate during my burnout even though I set it to only work at WOT and when I would try to stage, it wouldn't work and just rev all the way to red line until I turned the car off and back on and then disable traction control for 8 seconds, get yelled at by the official and then it would finally work. It was cool when it worked but un-reliable.

I use the one in on the sct programer. It works fine for me.
No need in having one for the street unless you just trying to show it off or something. Not thinking your going to hook on a 2 step on the street unless the street is prepped or something.

Are you talking about setting the neutral rpm limit or do you have some sort of special SCT because I dont see a 2 step option on my X3.

Last edited:

Cameron57

Established Member
I use the one in on the sct programer. It works fine for me. No need in having one for the street unless you just trying to show it off or something. Not thinking your going to hook on a 2 step on the street unless the street is prepped or something.

There is one in the sct plz explain?!?

Users who are viewing this thread