2 Valve Vert with Roots SC times???

eightballrj

Established Member
Just wondering what you think is possible for a car like this. There is one in town that is very good looking and I was wondering if it will pose a threat in the future???

hj16

Established Member
Anything is possible. A 96-98GT with just a Roots blower is nothing to worry about. A 99-03GT with just a Roots Blower can be pretty fast. A 99-03GT with a Twin Scew is a beast. More details would help.

A 96-98GT without the PI Head Swap is a walk in the park. With the head swap they are very strong runners.

Wild Bill

Established Member
I would like to know what are his other mods.I dont really think he could run much boost without problems on a near stock engine.My guess would be that it wouldnt hang with an 03 Cobra.If the engine is built then all bets are off.How do you do against 03 Cobras,stock and modded?

eightballrj

Established Member
I have never raced an 03 Cobra. I wish there was even ONE in my town!!! But, I think he is running 6 psi right now.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by Wild Bill
I would like to know what are his other mods.I dont really think he could run much boost without problems on a near stock engine.My guess would be that it wouldnt hang with an 03 Cobra.If the engine is built then all bets are off.How do you do against 03 Cobras,stock and modded?
You need to educate yourself a little better about the GT. There are people running 14psi on stock internals with no problems at all. The key is in the tune. There are tons of GTs out there that would rip a stock 03 to shreds. Many are running 12.3-7 NA with only 250-260rwhp. And quite a few stock internal GTs running low-mid 11s with less than 420rwhp. You're setting yourself up for a shock if you think a stock internaled GT cant hang with a stock 03.

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
hj16 is right. There is a big difference between a SOHC an a DOHC but not THAT much difference. Don't underestimate a GT. MAJOR role is driver ability too. I've almost been smoked by a GT cause I could'nt (still can't) drive.

Wild Bill

Established Member
I have owned 3 Gts and have just gotten rid of my bolt on 02 Gt.Im not saying you cant build them fast.Its just that I dont think they would last too long with high boost from a roots blower.I could be wrong of course Im no expert,but I think the roots blowers put more stress on engines than centrifugals.I could be way off but I dont think I would run roots blown 14psi on an otherwise stock gt engine.The 03s handle this with ease.Im really making a generalization talking about average street cars.I know a Gt can be mean all stripped out,drag race suspension,4.30 gears,slicks etc... I was assuming the guy was talking about an average street car with a roots blower thrown on it. I've seen n/a camaros that can take out my modded 03,but you can take one look at them and tell they were built for the 1/4 mile.I dont think this guys talking about that or he wouldnt even have asked.Hey all he can do is give it a run and see. All I know is Im not going to worry about one till I get beat by one.

Users who are viewing this thread